Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

They’ll be looking for their money back after yesterday’s debacle. Shocking game.

They might have to end their ‘massive’ sale that’s been going on for over 25 years now

4 Likes

was the attendance very poor also? looked scant to me

Poor crowd aswell. Douglas and Imokily having around 20 supporters didnt help. No games before semi final should be played in Pairc UI Caoimh in my opinion. Biggest crowd of the weekend was in Fermoy

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

https://www.corkbeo.ie/sport/gaa/watch-cork-farmer-spreads-slurry-27777846?fbclid=IwAR26gvRwS968UUV_RCretsURs95_NZaWV-MA2S97hP1klKiunl1O9fRZKNo

5 pts wins a Senior quarter final, Jesus…

Played in Bandon, Tis lucky they didn’t fucking drown

1 Like

Just looking at the map there and the area of Cork north of Macroom and south of Banteer wouldn’t be too familiar to me; @gilgamboa I presume it would mostly be junior clubs around this part of Cork? Even the placenames, other than Millstreet, wouldn’t ring any bells.

The greatest of them all ‘the Bould Thady Quill’ was from Ballinagree

1 Like

It shouldn’t have been played at all

1 Like

Geography there would be mountain and v low population areas …uibh laoire prob the strongest football club in that area with a few recent promotions …west from macroom into Gaeltacht few decent clubs alright

1 Like

Rylane and Donoughmore have decent soccer setups

1 Like

Lovely words from Frank Murphy here for the late Jimmy Brohan.

2 Likes

An absolute gentleman, gave his life to the club, he was a superb coach to us as small kids on the basics of the game, he tried in vain to change my golf grip, always good humoured

3 Likes

He must have been a big age

Close to 90
He was about my age (now) when o first encountered him and we thought he was an old man then

2 Likes

I see the geniuses in the county board are only allowing 18 year olds play up to Junior level next year. So Kileagh will have 4 Cork minors playing Junior hurling. Fantastic for their development. Laughable decision.

That is laughable. Look how well Timmy Wilk is playing for Imokilly this year, and how well he will develop from this.

Last year Jack Leahy, William Buckley, Diarmuid Healy, Ben O’Connor were all very comfortable at Senior level hurling. In Senior A Cillian Tobin had a good campaign.

This is hurting nobody except the top, top 18 year olds in the county - a decision very wide of the mark

Agreed, some joke.

Also, it kind of helps the big, big clubs with larger picks. Sars won’t be hurt at all, neither will Midleton, Rockies.

The likes of Killeagh as you mentioned, Charleville have 3 Cork minors as well. This rule is a huge kick in the face for them.

Smaller clubs have such a tough job anyway with the pickings that they have. Village clubs competing at the top level can’t afford this hit IMO

1 Like