Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Just couldn’t seem to stamp his name on games the way he did laat year. Himself and Ben O Connor had a great connection and he and the Barrs have suffered a lot with him gone egg chasing.

Saunderson has a bit of a lunatic streak in him which I love. Loved seeing him sprint out to close down the attacker about to go for goal. Swap him and Collins there and Barrs get an easy goal and win the game.

That’s a big issue at senior intercounty level where composure and an ability to make decisions at split seconds are paramount. Im not convinced he has it between the ears but is worth a go.

I thought the two times he came out of his goal were great decisions and likely the winning of the game. Fair point though, he’ll need to sharpen up. You’d hope he’s given a push anyway, if nothing else to provide a proper challenge to Collins.

4 Likes

SATURDAY, October 14:

Premier Junior final: St Catherine’s v Erin’s Own, Páirc Uí Chaoimh, 5pm.

SUNDAY, October 15:

Premier Intermediate final: Castlelyons v Kilworth, Páirc Uí Chaoimh, 2pm.

Premier Senior final: Sarsfields v Midleton, Páirc Uí Chaoimh, 4pm.

SUNDAY, October 22:

Intermediate A final: Aghabullogue v Midleton, Páirc Uí Chaoimh, 2pm.

Senior A final: Bride Rovers v Newcestown, Páirc Uí Chaoimh, 4pm.

2 Likes

Not that it’s news to anyone, but Douglas are complete shite. Some big names anonymous. Standard at PS is shocking after the big three.

Everyone online saying Twomey has been poor all season, including yesterday.

A.Cads gone.

Cheating Rathcormac bastards.

They possibly have a case IMO. They can be accused of sour grapes but Bride Rovers did have an extra player on the pitch with the game finely in the balance

They have more of a case than Glen did

For how long was he on pitch

One play IIRC. Could have been two. Right at the death

I see Blarney won their appeal.

Was the game played in PUC?

Unbelievable ‘lessons haven’t been learned’ after what Kilmacud Crokes* did earlier in the year.

Harty starting today. Judging by the reports on the Irish examiner, the Cork schools will be doing well to go anywhere. Midleton have the strongest group with a load of Cork Minors but that’s a school you wouldn’t trust to do much. Apparently CBC have a load of the Glen minor winning team playing, but hard to really tell what that standard is like.

A lot of the key players on the smaller schools weren’t involved with Cork recently, which is a bit worrying. Only a few obvious 2024 Cork U-20s involved with Daniel Murnane (Midleton CBS), James O’Brien (Fermoy) and Ross O’Sullivan (A.G.)

Otherwise I heard Flannan’s are supposed to be extremely strong.

1 Like

No one will touch Ard Scoil. Midleton will be strong next year, as those minors will be on the age, which makes a big difference. Dean Ryan semi Wednesday week vs Flannans.

2 Likes

Bad day for the Cork schools so far. A.G. a goal up, Ballincollig drew; everyone else losing or have lost. CBC game postponed.

Midleton lost? Some shock.

Draw currently, game started late.

A.G. won by a point.

@Perez2017 - Midleton won by 1-3 in the end.

Got a fair rattle.