Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Joe Deane’s son.

The Cork minors from Killeagh are Walsh x3 who’d be overage for those teams. They’d be on their Harty cup team.
They are huge.

1 Like

Seems to have gone largely unnoted but going by KO’Ds comments at the convention it looks like idea of selling off PUi Rinn to pay off some PUC debt is now a live option.Crazy, but they are going to be in big trouble if they cant get Kilbarry sold.

Yeah, the norries are kicking off over some snail or butterfly up in Murphy’s Rock.

Bit of talk club championship could be going home and away. Would be a brilliant idea in my opinion.

Fantastic idea with yer groups of four. 1st round at home, 2nd away. Final group game at a neutral venue. Would incentivise clubs to improve facilities. Home game gates should be kept by that club. Opportunity to make a big thing about the day.

1 Like

Would be brilliant. Would really spice up the whole championship. Possibility of more shocks too.

1 Like

We’re running out of bullets at this stage, might as well give this a shot.

Well it makes sense but knowing Cork county board they’ll vote against it.

Grand pipe-opener today for the upcoming Munster Senior Hurling League and, of course, the Fitz.

https://twitter.com/ucc_gaa/status/1741147819539337351?t=sU9yP8hF_0iQdewqJ7JZaQ&s=19

2 Likes

Thought this used to be on in January.

Split season casualty sure

2 Likes

Yup, hasn’t had a fixed date since it’s inception in 2013, but was always in early/mid January.

1 Like

Shocking organisation again like the Teddy Mac tribute games. People looking for things to pass the January blues yet they have them in December, with this being right up the arse of New Years. Some boyos.

2 Likes

The Byrne Cup and Walsh Cup are starting up next week mate, we’re grand

UCC despite missing unforgivable chances yesterday still bate us :roll_eyes:
Know twas a depleted Cork team
And were some really nice points scored
It doesn’t bode well,
We’ve a good team of handy players,
But we’ve no really stand out players of the calibre of Gillane and company ,
I only saw the first half of the canon O Brien cup ,
And yes it’s early days etc etc but there’s not a fuckin snowballs chance in hell of an all Ireland coming our way for a vv long time,
Footballers will get there first,
Sincerely hope I’m 100 pc wrong-

2 Likes

4 Likes

My thoughts exactly

Bizarre team named. What’s the point in having a 50 plus man winter panel if you’re only going to try the same lads every Winter?

A few experienced guys named just should not be playing in this while a few others aren’t up to this level in my opinion.

2 Likes

Delighted Saunderson is getting a chance. Cormac O Brien I felt didn’t get enough of a chance last year but whenever he played he tended to do well. Big strong lad but mobile and a good paw. Kingston and Lehane starting is a bit puzzling alright.