Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Wellat least ‘Park’ is still in there

1 Like

FBD Semple Stadium turned out to be quite palatable for Tipperary people on the basis most farmers in the County already did business with them.

1 Like

Musgraves is one of the great Irish success stories, contributing millions to the Irish economy yearly. It’s pretty strange to try and paint a 3rd level institution as being more noble than them.

Is it possible you forgot your stadium sold its name?

Kingspan Breffni Park was the stadium sponsor deal that really caught on. A lot of others you wouldn’t even remember outside of being mentioned on the sports bulletins. Like I’d flat out forgotten Semple Stadium even had a sponsor until @peddlerscross mentioned it there. A full-on rebrand to SuperValu Park / Páirc SárLuach instead of Supervalu Páirc Uí Chaoimh would be a bit different though.

TEG Cusack Park in Mullingar will always be the Dunnes Stores Arena for me

1 Like

UPMC Nowlan Park
Laois Hire O Moore Park
Kingspan Breffni Park
Netwatch Cullen Park
TUS Gaelic Grounds
O Neills Healy Park
Chadwicks Wexford Park
Box It Athletic Grounds
Echelon Park Aughrim

The ones I can remember off the top of me head

Net watch is another that really sticks in the mind. I didn’t know most of the others even existed.

Netwatch Dr Cullen Park is a good one actually.

Some of them have no hope, like would a fella really know who or what UPMC, TEG or TUS even are? Should a fella call it “Teg” or “Tee Eee Gee”?

Kingspan breffni park has kind of stuck too for some reason. The Aviva is unbelievably successful for such an old stadium. Probably helped that it was named when new stadium opened.

This is just embarrassing. At least put PUC in the title if you’re going to cheapen it.

Pairc Uí Valu, hon the blood and bandage.

Higher education? Is not TUS park?

TUS Gaelic Grounds.

Poor auld Paddy O Keeffe must be spinning in his grave.

Could have at least retained PuiC after SuperValu

Surely they will end up doing that?

Tbf to Páirc Uí Chaoimh, it’s a very recognisable name.

Super Valu Páirc Uí Chaoimh isn’t ideal but it’s a million times better than Super Valu Park ffs.

The article says it was discussed but decided to go with SuperValu Park.

:man_shrugging:

I like it, it’s good name :+1:

1 Like

Very good. SuperValu long standing sponsors of the gaa too

It’s not cheapening anything. It’s great to see SuperValu once again backing grass roots GAA.

https://twitter.com/darraghfitz5/status/1747012778194321899?s=46

Who is this chump