Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Joe Dino’s

John Japanese Gardens-er

Ger Miller-Lite-ick

If you keep this rate of posting up you’ll be at the magic 17k for the year :+1:

1 Like

The fuckin county board enmasse should be fuckin kicked up n down pana
Bloody shambles
Greed
Nothing else
I’ll not attend another Cork GAA match again if this comes to fruition,
Afraid to check the news in case the Uber cunts have passed this motion/proposal

I’ve been stuck in the GA north and South,
Both as a player and full time coach ,
Proud Blackrock hurling family history,
These bastards have sold us out

1 Like

For the rumoured money being put up - its shambolic in fairness.

Could have earned that easily with a couple of concerts.

1 Like

Honest to God if they knew how the local public feel about this they may have not even considered it,
But then again they’re so fuckin arrogant who knows,
It’s bloody despicable!
Morale in our teams wasn’t great before this shits show
This latest venture into capitalism won’t help,
Corporate rules it seems!

1 Like

It’ll backfire when they need volunteers I’d suggest

https://twitter.com/cormicaneoghan/status/1747748618327498827?t=xhqhTrX1nXxEqAfGEg1PGQ&s=19

Billy knows.

2 Likes

Is it being renamed SuperValu Pairc Ui Chaoimh or is it going to be Supervalu Pairc ?

It seems to be a key difference. If it’s the former the response is absolutely ridiculous as there are about 20 other stadiums with similar names. If it’s the latter it’s almost as ridiculous as the other and the response is somewhat justified. Why is this the only stadium not to retain the old name and the sponsor name.

If it’s SuperValu Pairc Ui Chaoimh i don’t see the issue really. Whether it makes it right or not, as you said there’s a heap of other examples like this.

You’d wonder what’s in it for Supervalu. Not like they need any brand recognition compared to Netwatch, Chadwicks, UPMC etc

1 Like

Tax write off

1 Like

They’ve done pretty well out of it over the last 48 hours.

1 Like

Your either going to do your shopping in Supervalu or your not.

I doubt it will make any difference to their business at all…

They already sponsor the football championship and Centra (which is the same company) sponsor the hurling so it is clearly of some perceived benefit to them.

KOD has played this lovely. Next week they’ll announce it as SVPUIC and everyone will be delighted.

Thank god

Regardless of what happens I’ll never shop in cork again

1 Like