Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

whats the word on the street re Curran?

I assume O’Neill/Imokilly will be on in the hear of East Cork aka Castlemartyr.

Down hurling lost a great Cork man at a very young age yesterday. I think Ballygiblin was his original club, but in his few short years up here he had done a huge amount to promote the game. A terrible loss to his family, club and Down hurling in general.

6 Likes

I assume this isn’t the lad from Cork up in Down who posted for years on PROC.

Iv never been on PROC so couldn’t tell you that, but there is more than 1 Cork man prominently involved in hurling up here.

1 Like

Very bad. Will more than likely lose the relegation playoff to Carrigtwohill.

Aside from a blowout loss to Blarney, Carrig lost two very tight games to two decent teams in Courceys and NAP, so they can maybe consider themselves unlucky to be there. I’d confidently consider them comfortably better than Ballyhea, Inniscara and Killeagh, although the latter will get better with their youth.

I’m related to this man and want to thank you for this lovely tribute. We are deeply humbled by the level of regard and affection shown towards Tom by so many in his adopted county. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

15 Likes

Condolences to you all down there. Iv seen many tributes to the man over recent days, he was held in the very highest regard. He had a real passion to promote hurling up here, and there is a determination that the work is continued by the rest of us now.

3 Likes

Something in the water in Cork city underage hurling these days…

Seems it alright

1 Like

Brosnan, as an u16, is a serious prospect on that Glen team.

Those Brosnans are hardy boys, I don’t know which one is his dad (Michael?) but every last one of them is known as Brossie, the poor mother was driven demented, ‘is Brossie there?’

2 Likes

Cloyne relegated to the PIHC.

1 Like

It’s the same grade by and large.

Wayhey
Up the Rockies,
Commiserations @gilgamboa

1 Like

Bishopstown gone?

No tears will be shed

Blackrock were a bit too good for them. Kanturk are hard and tough but limited enough. Rockies had their homework done on Alan Walsh. Connolly is just class at club level

1 Like

Hoping for a 20 point trouncing for the Ballymacoda/Ladysbridge lads today from Imokilly. :crossed_fingers:

Up O’Neills against the League of Nations

3 Likes