Cork GAA Thread 2019

Some boy

Didn’t do it often enough really but by God he was some man when he was on his game, some paw on him.

1 Like

Got 2 points from play, wouldnt say he won the game. Cathal McAllister bishopstowns man of the match

1 Like

? Pa got 1-6

Don’t know the man,fair dues a good soutside ref?

He got most of the scores in my book that’s winning the match,same as pa Horgan when he shines

Fair enough, Horgan on different level to anyone. A machine.

Agree 100

Hoping for a big summer from Pa

@Locke how are we sorted this weekend mate? Heard we have a few injuries.

Wouldn’t know chief, sorry. I can tell you that the u12s lost to Aghada 3-13 to 5-5 on Tuesday night down at their place. Missed at least 5 points in the 2nd half but delighted that they were going for their scores, would never say anything against that

Losing to Aghada in hurling - christ what is the world coming to.

Aghada are very strong underage hurling.

Should have won. Missed a few handy points. Hammered them in football so there you go

Sure everyone in East Cork is strong underage, its fucking East Cork.

1 Like

Which stand should I buy tickets for in the Pairc? I haven’t been there since I was a child. Bringing the old man to Waterford game. Will be walkiing from Douglas direction if that’s relevant.

The South stand would be handiest from Douglas but it’d be much of muchness once you’re at the ground anyway. Nice auld walk from Douglas

2 Likes

South Lower if you father isn’t fairly fit . The gradient in upper deck is very steep .

2 Likes

Fucking shambles :smile:

Cork football boss Ronan MacCarthy has revealed he asked for the Rebels’ Munster semi-final to be played at Pairc Ui Chaoimh.

The game against Tipperary or Limerick will instead go ahead at Pairc Ui Rinn after concerns over the playing surface at the revamped €80m stadium.

“I wanted to play in Páirc Uí Chaoimh,” MacCarthy said. “Obviously, if we get over the semi-final, we are going to be playing the game in Páirc Uí Chaoimh.

“They’re only small advantages, but if they’re there, you take them.

“It wasn’t something I was losing sleep over either. At least, we know well out that the semi-final will be in Páirc Uí Rinn.

“If you asked me my preference, I would like us to play in Páirc Uí Chaoimh as much as we can.

“I made my feelings known to the county where my preference was to play it. They sought my opinion. I don’t think the pitch will be ready in time for it.

“Cork v Tipperary (in the hurling) is there on May 12. Then there’s the Rod Stewart concert in Páirc Uí Chaoimh, one week before our Munster semi-final.

“I think the changeover from the concert to the game (would have been too tight). My understanding is the pitch wouldn’t have been ready for the game on June 1.

who will this match?