Cork v Waterford - All Ireland Hurling Semi-Final 2'17

Admit you were wrong and it would all end mate

1 Like

Iā€™m not wrong. Coleman is an absolutely superb player, turned in another classy performance today in defeat and has shown more assurance and maturity than any 19 year old Iā€™ve ever seen play the game. Heā€™s an absolute star and will be one of the all-time greats.

Who was that again, @Sidney? :joy:

5 Likes

You wanted Tuohy suspended last week and De Burca to get off this week. Youā€™re hardly in a position to ask for consistency.

1 Like

Well that was before it was clear that Tuohy will be able to play the final and the GAA were going to ā€œsweepā€ that one under the carpet for doing something worse that TDB didā€¦and the same as what Gleeson did! If Tuohy plays the final which he will, all things being equal so should AG!

No. You were calling for Tuohy to be banned. The internet never forgets.

10 Likes

Yeah and he should be banned if Bennett and TDB have been banned and if AG is to be banned - why should he be let off? Consistency yeah?
You can also dig up where Iā€™ve said itā€™s a stupid fucking rule also.

I saw that mate, and it is a fucking stupid rule. Itā€™s health and safety gone mad.

I hope Austin Gleeson isnā€™t banned.

3 Likes

And I hope Tuohy isnā€™t banned, thereā€™s worse going on in the game of hurling than players missing massive games over a stupid rule, the players deserve better considering what they give to the Association

1 Like

delighted for @Fagan_ODowd :raised_hand:

4 Likes

If they didnā€™t do it they wouldnā€™t get suspended. Gleeson nearly deserves a ban for stupidity alone.

2 Likes

Limerick Clare cork tipp nothing between them

In fairness any time a lad gets sent off in a big game of hurling itā€™s excused and down played.

ā€œHeā€™s not that type of player.ā€

ā€œItā€™s not malicious.ā€

ā€œVery harsh to miss a Munster/Leinster/AI final for that.ā€

ā€œHeā€™s been training for months, heā€™s a great lad, impeccable disciplinary record.ā€

ā€œHeā€™s distraught, common sense should prevail.ā€

Dub hurler Liam Rushe on twitter saying Owens was a disgrace for sending off Conor Gleason. For ffs. Refs canā€™t win, they get hammered even when they correctly dish out red cards for stone wall sending off offences.

The other Gleeson by the letter of the law committed a red card offence too but I hope, like Tuohy, he can play in the final.

4 Likes

Throw up the updated rankings @Joe_Player.

Sounds like all the real hurling men are in favor of letting Ozzie off.

1 Like

In honour of Tony keady let noone be banned for the final

6 Likes

Or a semi finalā€¦oh wait

No man should miss an all Ireland final over something stupid and not dangerous

2 Likes

Ahh ya sure just change the rules for the semis and let everyone play

disappointing day
Pity because i thought when Hoggie put us 2 up before their second goal even with 14 men we were still right in it
that 2-01 i think it was finished proceedings, it was devastating from Wateford, we never recovered from that second goal going in, from being 2 up to being 5 down in a minute or 2 was Limerick esque
we had a few positives, Horgan played some lovely stuff until then ( he was wrongly red carded BTW , think it was kingston), but aside from that ah look, they deserved it.
The first half was awful, we seemed intent in hammering it down on top of their full back line a bit too much leaving their sweeper clean up, diagonal balls into Cadogan, Meade would have been better at least
Cahalaneā€™s yellows were silly, the reds at the end were ridiculous, yer man Conor Gleeson must be sick at the moment for sheer stupidity but this was done when the game was well over and shouldnt form part of the analysis
look, its been a good year, won the u-17, will win the minor, great performances and great days and many more to come
lovely crowd there today, tremendous reception for Tony Keady also, wonderful stuff , a great day enjoyed by decent folk who dont hold a grudge
sully and big dan provided the light hearted macgregror mayweather stuff also for added banter,
waterford are a fine side and i see no reason why they cant win this thing, they deserve it before the current set up drifts into oblivion

14 Likes