Cork v Waterford - All Ireland Hurling Semi-Final 2'17

De Burca will move onto the DRA next after being unsuccessful at the CAC last night.

Surely Frank can intervene here and make sure this doesn’t turn into another Keady affair. If accidental contact with the faceguard is a red card then may as well go back to no helmets.

Unless they feel they have a very strong case, which seems unlikely at this point, Waterford should drop this. Massive distraction for the team and a ridiculous level of uncertainty to carry into game week.

An impressive young man
https://youtu.be/ikXBa_XDXU0

Agreed . Unless there is good TV coverage to exonerate TDB they should let it lie and focus on the game , fives is good enough to fulfill the role .

Will there be any High Court judges around to hear Tadhg’s case this week? @artfoley - aren’t courts out now until the start of Michaelmas term in October? They’ll just have to let Tadhg play on Sunday and in the final and the High Court appeal of his one match ban can be heard in October.

Cork will win this. I also think they would pose a challenge to Galway, Waterford wouldnt keep it pucked out to Galway.

1 Like

Is the DRA case really fixed for Thursday night to give them as little time as possible to put a case together for the High Court on Friday?

Very cynical from the GAA if true.

I hear the total cost of the case could be up to €15,000 for Waterford.

And all so that a few old stooges in suits can stand behind “due process” and deny a good man like Tadhg De Burca a chance to play in the biggest game of his career. Disgusting.

2 Likes

Money won’t be an issue here.

I think Cork would have a serious shot of beating Galway, the wide ball to the pacey front six would stretch the Galwegians. I can’t see Cork lamping high ball in on top of McInerney and making an All-Star out of him.

Waterford, in one sense it’s harder to see it, but on the other hand there would be the weight of history (never beating WD and all that), all the pressure would be heaped on Galway.

There’s a twist in this year yet.

Hopefully young Hannify from Offaly will see Tadgh right. I think all hurling men want him to play on Sunday.

1 Like

That’s Rory Hanniffy? Think he’s a barrister? Is he acting for de Burca or sitting in judgement on him?

Hannify is Secretary to the DRA but hes not involved in the decision making process I think.

I hope your right…I have a suspicion (hope) about Sunday

If you win, the DRA (GAA) pays the costs of that sitting I believe

Yes, I see Hannify was appointed Secretary back in May. I wasn’t aware of that. Its a Waterford/Limerick combo going up to Croke Park looking for the win on Wednesday night. Limerick based solicitor and former Na Piarsaigh/Limerick hurler, Shane O’Neill is acting for de Burca.

I think it’ll be in a neutral venue. Some hotel somewhere.

It’ll be box office.

Yep. There’ll be a vacation judge on duty. But I’d rather not trouble them. They’ll be pissed enough for drawing duty during the vacation

1 Like

Ian o regent is worst goalie in inter county hurling at the moment I would suggest ?

Interesting.

O"Neill did the hawkeye case for limerick minors in 2013 and is building a sports practice since.