Cork v Waterford - All Ireland Hurling Semi-Final 2'17

Yep. There’ll be a vacation judge on duty. But I’d rather not trouble them. They’ll be pissed enough for drawing duty during the vacation

1 Like

Ian o regent is worst goalie in inter county hurling at the moment I would suggest ?

Interesting.

O"Neill did the hawkeye case for limerick minors in 2013 and is building a sports practice since.

Limerick were utterly shameless in the case . We should have taken our beating . It was embarrassing .

1 Like

Once again the Leinster Champions handle the 5 week lay off between provincial final and semi final with aplomb. That’s 11 out of 12 semi final wins since 2006, the only blip Dublin in 2013.

In the last 10 semi finals Munster champions have won just 3 and lost 7. 5 of those 7 semi finals losses were to fellow Munster teams. Only Tipperary as Munster Champions in 2009 in that 10 year period beat Munster opposition in the semi final - Justin McCarthy’s Limerick in 2009.

That trend would point towards a Waterford win on Sunday. Cork as Munster Champions most recently in 2014 handled the 5 week lay off really badly.

Munster people thrive in the heat of battle - we need to be constantly in the mire as you saw with Tipp on Sunday who were written off massively by experts like @glasagusban and @Turenne . Sitting around for 5 weeks doesn’t suit us.

Sitting around for 10 years suited you just fine though?

:rollseyes:

Up your game son.

That’s me done for the day I’d say. Back to work.

Waterford will win this by 4 points.

1 Like

If Cork win it their full-forward line is well capable of causing Galway’s full-backline problems. In general their pace would stretch the Galway defence but they’d be well outmatched at the other end.

Cork won’t be able to play those pin point puck outs and running game against Galway. What’s Cork’s Plan B or do they have one?

The big question will be how their backline holds up in the face of Galway’s tackling. Cork’s hurling is razor sharp and sometimes that’s enough. Obviously enough if the half-backline was stifled they would be fucked. Of their six forwards only Harnedy can win 50-50 ball.

1 Like

I think this game has all the ingredients for another classic. Two contrasting styles played by two competent teams. Who ever wins will have a good chance of an AI and will give Galway plenty. For what its worth I think it will be a draw Sunday.

If Galway push up on Cork (assuming Cork beat Waterford) and force Nash to go long then Galway half back line will clean up. Cork know they need a plan B. Not sure they can develop one in time though.

Maybe they have been working on it already :thinking:

Need to beat Waterford first before planning for a game you may not get to.

Wonder if Waterford will just go man to man with Cork or leave McDonnell free to collect the puck outs.

I’d say they’ll leave McDonnell free from the start.

It was noticeable against Wexford that they were allowing Shaun Murphy to receive first half puck outs but adjusted that for the second half by marking him and instead leaving lock down corner back James Breen (whose hurling isn’t the slickest) free instead.

They’ll have been forewarned about leaving Cahalane free after the Munster Final and I don’t think they’ll push right up so that leaves McDonnell as most likely to be left free in my opinion.

1 Like

Hard act to follow

Eh they may have been preparing plan B since the start of the season for when needed.