Cork v Waterford - All Ireland Hurling Semi-Final 2'17

But Shur then Galway would know the masterplan, McGrath is doing great work keeping the plan under wraps until reaching the final* and then unleashing untold manly hurling on Galway, thus blowing them away, because Galway have never, never, ever beaten Waterford in the Championship and therefore it can never happen.
*I can’t see Cork getting beat on Sunday

2 Likes

Have we had this yet? :joy: Nothing will disuade these deluded Waterford lads that Limerick robbed them of an all Ireland in 2007. Not even a 23 point defeat to KK the following year when they got their chance.

3 Likes

:joy:

In 2007AISF , an average Lk full forward line scored 5 goals v Waterford . Scary to think what Kk would have done

Donie Ryan > Henry Shefflin

To be fair to Waterford 2004 was their best chance and maybe 2006 . They had dipped and Kk went up another level in 2007 and 2008.

I don’t think Waterford would have won in 2007 but they were a better side in 2007 no doubt and didn’t quite get the breaks the 2008 team got. They got caught on the day against Limerick and deservedly lost but that was their third week in a row playing after two very tight encounters against Cork in the quarters which left them weary and complacent.

They won the Munster final quite comfortably a few weeks earlier and had they beaten Cork the first day out things may have been different. The 2007 team would have beaten the 2008 team comfortably IMHO, too many lads like Shanahan, McGrath and Flynn had too many miles on the clock by 2008 and while Davy got a collective bounce out of them they were nowhere near the outfit they previously were

4 Likes

Cork v Waterford 2004

Take a look at @officialgaa’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/officialgaa/status/895325572246650882?s=09

Dan would want to thank his lucky stars that they got us on an average day in 08 and not at the height of our dominance in 07

I thought 98 was their chance ? I can’t remember anymore

That was a chance when Clare went but Clare hammered them in Munster final replay .

Dr Burca appeal successful at the DRA.

7 Likes

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Well done Waterford. Will make it all the more pleasing when we send ye home with your tea in your mugs

Appeal successful.

Good

Never a doubt.

Clear as day there was no intent.

Fair enough really, no real malice in it.
Looking forward to this now, missed all the matches in munster, train up on Sunday morning and back to Limerick some time around midnight :pint: confident enough I’ll be in celebratory mood but hoping for a classic

Delighted De Burca makes tbh

I am going now !!