Cork v Waterford - All Ireland Hurling Semi-Final 2'17

Good post

Austin Gleeson should go back there IMO. The role is designed to get the sweeper on the ball a lot and who would you want on the ball more than him from a Waterford perspective. Obviously takes away from them at the other end but sure theyā€™ve no interest in scoring anyway

I think heā€™s been in and out of games in his current role and a defined role might suit him better

They will need an experienced level headed player ā€” Stick the Brick back there to catch ball all day and bat it away one handed for one of his fellow defenders to langer up the field.

No, no, no. No x infinity.

Too much of a free spirit and unreliable (albeit brilliant) to play in such a clearly defined role where heā€™s required to be the pivot for the entire team.

It would be like giving @Brimmer_Bradley moderator status on TFK. Donā€™t force so much responsibility on him. Let him loose around the fringes to cause havoc.

3 Likes

:joy:

Maybe Management would suit you Bandage.

If only Harry Kehoe was a bit more like Bonnar Maher

1 Like

Careful nowā€¦

I had written heā€™s been poor enough to date, but I deleted that as I knew someone would have a meltdown :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I think what you wrote was very accurate.

Happy to swap Harry for Bonner if youā€™re okay with that.

1 Like

Cork to win this.

I think heā€™s a natural centre back and would thrive in the role cc@derekmcgrath

Lads is Leeeeeeeeeehane ā€œdoubtfulā€ again? Its just, heā€™s been doubtful for every game in the Championship so far, if heā€™s not rated ā€œdoubtfulā€ could we just assume heā€™s definitely out?

Iā€™d be well capable of fulfilling the role. Starting at its low current base Iā€™d no doubt improve the whole process.
But I have a feeling the admins would not approve my remuneration package. [quote=ā€œBandage, post:425, topic:24511, full:trueā€]
No, no, no. No x infinity.

Too much of a free spirit and unreliable (albeit brilliant) to play in such a clearly defined role where heā€™s required to be the pivot for the entire team.

It would be like giving @Brimmer_Bradley moderator status on TFK. Donā€™t force so much responsibility on him. Let him loose around the fringes to cause havoc.
[/quote]

Waterford by 5

I learned an awful lot about strategy as @Rocko 's assistant manager in our TFK AFC days.

And yet nothing about dealing with a primadonna player who wants to do his own thing constantly?

We are going to go 15 on 15 rough the soft cunts up and then batter them.

6 Likes

Very good article by PM Oā€™Sullivan in todayā€™s Examiner. Did you read it, @Malarkey? Iā€™m sure a load of roasters saw the use of ā€œfiatsā€ and thought he meant ā€œfeatsā€. Great stuff. About to read Jackie Tyrrellā€™s piece now. Itā€™s become a little tradition of mine to do 60-90 minutes work on Friday mornings, make sure everything is under control, grab a coffee and then take 10 minutes to read Jackieā€™s and PMā€™s Friday articles.

4 Likes

Not anything to do with the thread but donā€™t know where to put it. When did the sliotar get lighter? How far could players hit it before that happened?