Cork v Waterford - All Ireland Hurling Semi-Final 2'17

Good post

Austin Gleeson should go back there IMO. The role is designed to get the sweeper on the ball a lot and who would you want on the ball more than him from a Waterford perspective. Obviously takes away from them at the other end but sure they’ve no interest in scoring anyway

I think he’s been in and out of games in his current role and a defined role might suit him better

They will need an experienced level headed player — Stick the Brick back there to catch ball all day and bat it away one handed for one of his fellow defenders to langer up the field.

No, no, no. No x infinity.

Too much of a free spirit and unreliable (albeit brilliant) to play in such a clearly defined role where he’s required to be the pivot for the entire team.

It would be like giving @Brimmer_Bradley moderator status on TFK. Don’t force so much responsibility on him. Let him loose around the fringes to cause havoc.

:joy:

Maybe Management would suit you Bandage.

If only Harry Kehoe was a bit more like Bonnar Maher

Careful now…

I had written he’s been poor enough to date, but I deleted that as I knew someone would have a meltdown :sweat_smile:

I think what you wrote was very accurate.

Happy to swap Harry for Bonner if you’re okay with that.

Cork to win this.

I think he’s a natural centre back and would thrive in the role cc@derekmcgrath

Lads is Leeeeeeeeeehane “doubtful” again? Its just, he’s been doubtful for every game in the Championship so far, if he’s not rated “doubtful” could we just assume he’s definitely out?

I’d be well capable of fulfilling the role. Starting at its low current base I’d no doubt improve the whole process.
But I have a feeling the admins would not approve my remuneration package. [quote=“Bandage, post:425, topic:24511, full:true”]
No, no, no. No x infinity.

Too much of a free spirit and unreliable (albeit brilliant) to play in such a clearly defined role where he’s required to be the pivot for the entire team.

It would be like giving @Brimmer_Bradley moderator status on TFK. Don’t force so much responsibility on him. Let him loose around the fringes to cause havoc.
[/quote]

Waterford by 5

I learned an awful lot about strategy as @Rocko 's assistant manager in our TFK AFC days.

And yet nothing about dealing with a primadonna player who wants to do his own thing constantly?

We are going to go 15 on 15 rough the soft cunts up and then batter them.

Very good article by PM O’Sullivan in today’s Examiner. Did you read it, @Malarkey? I’m sure a load of roasters saw the use of “fiats” and thought he meant “feats”. Great stuff. About to read Jackie Tyrrell’s piece now. It’s become a little tradition of mine to do 60-90 minutes work on Friday mornings, make sure everything is under control, grab a coffee and then take 10 minutes to read Jackie’s and PM’s Friday articles.

Not anything to do with the thread but don’t know where to put it. When did the sliotar get lighter? How far could players hit it before that happened?