Cork weirdo/sicko thread

happy birthday man

1 Like

Lough Hyne is a low key treasure alright. Iv done thst night kayaking albeit it was more late evening.

Donkey sanctuary also a great place for a visit. Free as well

1 Like

I would imagine there will be some pile of celebrities at that. The social event of the year.

The whoā€™s who of the early 2000ā€™s party scene

2 Likes

Nothing new it seems

Looking for recommendations for dinner in Cork. The Girlfriends birthday is next week so I better book something :sweat_smile:

Elbow lane is the best in Corkā€¦you canā€™t book, if thereā€™s tables free youā€™re in, if not put your name down and call backā€¦ Grub is unreal, a tad pricey tho but itā€™s all relative.

If youā€™re looking for more orthodox place that you can book and is more reasonable, next door in Market Lane is nice. Good home brew beers also.

2 Likes

Much appreciated :facepunch:

The girl will probably be impressed with a meal from Rachel Allens new place, the name over the door means a lot to young ladies and the food is apparently very good.
Greeneā€™s or Market Lane wonā€™t disappoint, rakes of good dining options in Cork though

2 Likes

I was told last week that Rachelā€™s place has been got several very bad reviews, mostly poor service

I thought it was no better than ok and wildly overpriced

3 Likes

Greenes is best food in cork but on basis Copper is a young lad elbow lane is the shout id say.

I felt the young lady would be impressed with Rachelā€™s because of the celebrity aspect, no disrespect obviously but it means a lot to that generation, and on the arm of the suave @Copper_pipe sheā€™ll feel like a princess.
Iā€™ve heard very good reports from the couple of people that mentioned it to me, my sister raved about the grub and she wouldnā€™t be easily pleased, that was shortly after it opened.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t put money in those Allen cunts pockets

5 Likes

Good shout on Greenes @backinatracksuit
Stayed in the hotel there before one bank holiday weekend (coincided with a Tipp v Cork league game) a good few years back and had a smashing dinner in there

Loads of staff but running all over the place with not much direction is what I thought

Service mentioned to me as well

Stay away from Allens.

Il Padrino is a grand spot for hearty Italian food and has a wine bar and is very reasonably priced. @Copper_pipe, youā€™d have a fine feed there for good valueā€¦decent pizza also as far as I remember.

Ah now. We cant be far off a recommendation for skuzis or luigi malones if il padrino is in the mix

2 Likes

Heā€™s a young ladā€¦ Not sure where the budget is at, Iā€™m just giving him options.

2 Likes