Cork weirdo/sicko thread

Best Italian food in town is Gallo and Galetti in Wilton. Great spot

This young lad has a few bob Iā€™d say, a good job in IT and living at home with the mammy, no shortage of bobs to spend with PaddyPower.
I think heā€™d like to treat the young lady and let her get dressed up.

Wilton isnā€™t in town @johnnysachs

Era you know what I mean. Its walkable to town. Cafe Mexicana off Paul st is another place I frequent. Small and intimate with firey food.

:relieved::relieved:

Iā€™ve never been into that place to be honest, CafĆ© Mexicana was always only so so but itā€™s been years and years since I was in there.
Iā€™d say @Copper_pipe will want to be in town proper but I could be wrong. Wilton is at least a half an hour from town Iā€™d say, and thatā€™s going at a clip.

Market Lane so @Copper_pipe.

Amen to that brother.

5 Likes

Christ.

Let me guess. Youā€™re a roaster.

Awful greasy/oily food.

Christ some lads need to do a bit of exploring

I havenā€™t eaten in there in 5 yearsā€¦ irregardless, always good reviews. Get off your high horse mate.

If its shit its shit. There is nothing high horse about it. Typically irish to get defensive about such a thing, as well as to accept any kind of tripe as good food.

But why are you giving recommendations for places that you have not eaten in recently?
Its a nothing middle of the road joint. Its not fine dining, its not feel good wholesome food, not oub food etc. Nothing to it and its grossly doused in oil.

1 Like

@ciarancareyshurlingarmy
@iron_mike
@backinatracksuit
@braz83
@gilgamboa

Any ideas on a reasonable place to have lunch in Charleville?

Golf club is a good enough feed.

Itā€™s great the way the Cork lads are referring to The Cork Weirdo/Sicko Thread in obtaining advice on what to do and where to go in Cork.

5 Likes

We do our own thing in cork pal. You cant label us

2 Likes

The hotel is probably your best bet. Just outside the town on the Limerick side

That is a very poor Carvery option from my last visit.

Surely a better option available in town.

Good point.
@caoimhaoin, I know charleville quite well and it is a miserable spot for grub, the only eating house that I would give better than 4/10 would be cascada which doesnā€™t open for lunch, I wonā€™t insult you by suggesting it as a real possibility but the Rossiā€™s pizza is very good even though itā€™s particularly greasy.
Weā€™ve eaten twice in the hotel and have decided never to go back again, itā€™s quite poor.
I have been told that the four winds isnā€™t the worst but itā€™s carvery I think.

1 Like

The golf club in Charleville is by far and away the best feed youā€™ll get in the place.

1 Like

Golf Club in Charleville is a good spot.

Corbett court in Ballyhea only do a good breakfast.

1 Like