Cork weirdo/sicko thread

Iā€™d nearly recommend @flattythehurdler to move there if the influx of Didsbury cashish wasnā€™t so crucial to Limerick Regeneration

Always spend my wedding anniversary in Cork ( the metrepole) love the place and the people. Was sitting in amongst a hape of them Saturday night and had a great chat with them

6 Likes

Theyā€™re the same as everybody else Mike, mostly sound.
What kind of weirdo would take a set against an entire county worth of people?
Did you stay down yourself?
Next time try the river lee hotel, the metropole has seen better days though the location is fantastic

Enjoyed my visit to Cork I must admit.

Mate, are you serious about the flare thing I saw you mention the other day???
Have you a place to stay yet in Cork, isnā€™t it very soon youā€™re moving down??

No didnā€™t stay Saturday night kid. Herself and the youngest decided to go shopping so myself and the eldest made the return trip.
The Metrepolerror has become a bit of a traditional Iā€™m afraid so we will stick with it.
This year we will break it though as we are off to see Billy Joel in the Aviva who is playing on our anniversary

Iā€™d like that butcouldnt be seen to be condoning Billy Joel gigs :slightly_smiling_face: (says yer man who went to Ed Sheeran :open_mouth:)

1 Like

Yeah I was. I reckon ill get sorted this weekā€¦

Iā€™ve been nothing sorted yet. I think Iā€™ll stay in the student accommodation until September while itā€™s quite. 100 Euro a week and bills included. Iā€™ll be able to save a few quid and find something more permanent in the meantime.

Cork is a great spot. The people are great.
I enjoy Waterford and Cork people at games.
Sound out.
Tipperary is like a lucky dip. You could meet
a gent or a right ignorant pig.
Iā€™d love to comment on Clare supporters but
Itā€™s so rare youā€™d see one at a game
I couldnā€™t tell you what theyā€™re like.

3 Likes

From what I can remember, I was in Larry Tompkins pre match, Soho before and after match. Suas, Reardons and Voodoo after match. Decent night out tbf

1 Like

Cark people very needy on this thread

2 Likes

Have every album ( on vinyl I may add ). Just took to him in me younger years. Have seen him twice here and once in Germany?will continue as long gone as he decides to come here . Bucket list is to see him in NewYork

They have started to perk it up a small bit

Thatā€™s good, I only ever went in for the Sunday of the jazz weekend, it was a little tradition of mine

Went into Soho on Sunday to watch the games. They were blaring jungle music in there from 2pm. Lots of tvs though.

Good night Saturday in Cork. Stayed in student Village at Victoria Cross. Tipped up to the Kingsley for a pint watching the first half of the Galway Wexford game. Sextant then for one before the match. Deep South and Crane Lane post match with a Hillbillies burger thrown in for good measure. 8/10 overall

3 Likes

You must have been following me around?
I was in Crane Lane and Hillbilliesā€¦ I am a bit long in the tooth to be falling around the town but tis rare one gets out.

The Crane lane must have been frighteningly wedged?

I was outside in the smoking area and it was busy enough but I wouldnā€™t take my word
for it.

1 Like

Is Crane Lane not like the George of Cork?