Cork weirdo/sicko thread

"The GAA is prohibited in rule from hosting games other than those under the control of the Association in its stadia and grounds. The Cork County Committee and Central Council have no discretion in this matter.

"Only a change at Annual Congress can alter this situation. Congress takes place in February each year.

"The GAA has sought legal advice around funding received towards the redevelopment of PĂĄirc UĂ­ Chaoimh and believes it is compliant with the terms and conditions laid down in September 2016.

“The Association re-affirms its offer to provide hospitality facilities at the venue free gratis to assist fundraising efforts around the Liam Miller Tribute Match and wish the event organisers every success in their endeavours.”

Sad that this event has had to highlight an issue which has always annoyed me. Highlights the backwards nature of the GGA once again.

2 Likes

Cork people are very weird. Cork gaa could host this it wouldn’t do any harm letting the soccer crowd in for a good cause.
But why don’t the scummy soccer crowd just host this in the biggest soccer venue in the country Lansdowne road?

Its very very strange that they would even consi der let alone attempt to host it in some shithole soccer field when they could play it 2 hours up the road and sell 50000 tickets… Very strange.

I asked a ‘soccer man’ this question today. Apparently the game is on at 3 o clock of a tuesday. There is a big function happening in cork that evening where all the money will be raised

The rapistballers can go fuck for themselves. They’re slowly but surely trying to sneak in summer soccer on a nationwide basis, leave it go above in Darndale and leave Dylan, Blake Jayden and Kayden and the council estate chavs have their summer drugdealball, the likes of them are not welcome in the Gaa organization and most certainly are not welcome to play their scumball game in gaa owned grounds.

You shouldn’t get 30m to build a stadium from the State unless it is open to other events.

Actually fair enough if the pitch is too small or whatever, but the GGA have historic bigoted rules.

1 Like

They owe the State millions in VAT/entertainment tax as well when the corrupt FFers in the 30s gave them a corrupt bye from paying.

It’s like the Rangers EBT case by 10 with all the interest accrued.

1 Like

If only we had an equivalent of the Bertie Bowl, and it was actually built , and it was in Cork

Obviously it’s a good cause but if you break rules now the scummy soccer crowd will be back with their paw out time and time again.

This should be the kick up the hole they need to sort their shot out. They pay their top man 300k a year and their league is falling apart. They have no decent stadiums and grass roots soccer still has lads getting changed out of the boot of a car.

The GAA are bang on here.

3 Likes

Would this lad not have made millions during his career, where’s the need for a testimonial for his family?

Millions?? I doubt it.

I was going to ask the same thing but it’s not a very PC question to ask. Must have banked a few million off both Celtic & United.

Obviously desperately sad what happened, maybe all the money raised is going to charities but I don’t really know.

He must have been on decent money at United, certainly enough to live off comfortably for the rest of his and his family’s life. I’ll wildly speculate he was on between £20k - £40k a week at United. Even with 50% tax that’s still a nice wedge.

What do you want a white elephant football stadium in Cork for? Turners cross is a perfect LOI ground

1 Like

I didn’t want to ask that question.

You should never be afraid to ask a question.

2 Likes

Yes he would have. When he signed for utd o neill was seething because hed been offered a big contract there. A chunk of proceeds of this game are going to Marymount hospice but no idea what the split out is

Eh, wtf? The GAA had no issue leaving a kiddie fiddler do his sick twisted show there once upon a time.

4 Likes

It’s been cast as a benefit game for his family. It wouldn’t take much reading between the lines to figure out what went on here.

Fair play to you, it’s quite mean spirited when you don’t have a clue about his financial situation