Coronavirus - Close the Airports

He liked this post.

1 Like

And nursing homes wiped out , ? @TreatyStones and @Julio_Geordio want to name streets after him . Sure what about naming nursing homes after him.

1 Like

An interesting study has emerged in the US which found that the number of people infected with coronavirus could be as much as 85 times higher than previously thought.

The research from Stanford University, which was published on Friday, tested samples from 3,330 people in Santa Clara county, in California, and found the virus to be 50 to 85 times more common than official figures indicated.

The study, the first large-scale one of its kind, has yet to be peer reviewed and was conducted by identifying antibodies in healthy individuals through a finger prick test, which indicated whether they had already contracted and recovered from the virus.

At the time of the study, Santa Clara county had 1,094 confirmed cases of Covid-19, resulting in 50 deaths. But, based on the rate of people who have antibodies, it is likely that between 48,000 and 81,000 people had been infected in the county by early April – a number approximately 50 to 80 times higher.

I’m telling ye lads I had it in February.

3 Likes

where is the Irish nursing home association in all of this?

How many state owned Nursing Homes are there?

I’m busy working pal check it out for yourself, you’ve lots of time on your hands

Iron Tony Hoolahan Bridge

You’re making claims in relation to responsibility, maybe ask your career?

I’ve the interview posted above, worth a watch.

It’s good to know that the fatality rate is likely well below initial estimates but it’s not as high as we’d have hoped I think.

I think we have around 0.3% of the population infected so far. Would say we’re more likely to be 4-5% as we tested earlier.

Definitely a good news story anyway.

The trouble is the data is so dirty. We’ve tested more as you say so our multiple is probably lower. Then you wonder are they capturing all the deaths?
Are we?

Work back from our deaths and a death rate of 0.2% would mean we are around 5% at the moment alright. Still a long way to go if that’s the case

Oh the projection :grin:

Cheltenham scum

2 Likes

So long as the horses got home in one piece thats all that matters

The figures for the nursing homes in the area must be scary, same as the scum in Ireland who came back from it

All horse racing prizemoney next year to go direct to the nursing homes to atone for their sins

1 Like

they have blood on their hands, I hope horseracing never comes back

3 Likes

The most significant conclusion they came to is the true mortality rate is in the 0.1-0.2% range, which is the same as the seasonal flu.

1 Like

The Donald knew

41 Deaths

630 new cases.

Additional 148 from Germany backlog.