Coronavirus - Close the Airports

Better than Ireland too

3 Likes

You won’t hear many say that

The problem with the states is that people automatically go on the initial number released rather than drilling down

4 (four) checkpoints on the M7/M9 today, according to an impeccable source.

They have just said in the press conference that the demand for testing has dropped so much that some testing centres aren’t really needed now.

That’s surely great news. Number of cases should be dropping in next week or so.

What?

Its apathy. I know of 2 families who had all the symptoms and wanted to get tested but were put on a waiting list and heard nothing. If you thought you had it and knew you would be waiting 2 weeks for results would you bother getting tested especially if the symptoms had not got progressively worse.

1 Like

So we’ve several thousand waiting for results and community infections accounting for 2/3 of cases and they’re shutting test centres.

The mind boggles

1 Like

Got a phone call on day 11, negative as I kinda knew, they’re making some bollix of it

2 Likes

You have to look at it state by state and even city by city. New York city has almost 1/3 of all US deaths, over 5k with 10 million population. New York state with a population of 20 million has half the US total of deaths. California which has 40 million people has 559 deaths.

1 Like

That’s exactly my point. People just look and see 18k dead and forget that theres 350 odd million living there

1 Like

It’s only 349,999,999 odd people :wink:

1 Like

Theres one in a GAA grounds not far from my homestead in Tipperary and there has been very little traffic. The problem is largely an urban one so they may just be redirecting resources. The criteria for shifting the goal posts with testing where you had to present with at least 2 symptoms was a grevious error of judgement.

Ah they aren’t all odd

The need is in Dublin. We have it bate everywhere else.

Yes. Spot on. There’s folks on here who will always look for the worst of what’s coming out of the US, conveniently ignoring that it has a population of 330 million people with 44 out 50 states having a lower death rate than Ireland and significantly lower than about 8 countries in Europe. Some of them are handling this well, despite Trump’s best efforts to F*** it up.

1 Like

That was absolutely the right call, they were being burdened with thousands of worried well.

2 Likes

They’ll need another serious influx of funding from central council to win this one

2 Likes

President Trump and his team are doing some sterling work in very difficult circumstances

Really what they’ve done is tighten the criteria until they had the bar for testing high enough that they could cater for everyone who met that bar.

It’s like saying I have enough sweet for everyone in the room, but only 20% of you are allowed get them.

1 Like