Coronavirus - Dig In, It's going to be a while yet

Was that nursing home not in Cavan?

Truthfully, it’ll hardly matter to them. People need to know and realise the harsh realities here. Or else they’re dying for nothing.

It fucking will if they’re scared shitless for the time they’ve left

I thought someone said Kilkenny

They already are.

1 Like

Callan not Cavan?

1 Like

People need to be scared to take the advice seriously. Any complacency at all will make this an awful lot worse.

Auld people are as bad if not worse than anyone for not following the guidelines

2 Likes

The elderly have been taking this seriously since this kicked off in my view.

1 Like

Sorry. I stand corrected.

An acquaintance of mine mother died there a week ago. In a car accident. He posted on facebook that they really took solace from the book of condolences on rip.ie …which I never knew existed. Id a look at it and there was 500+ messages there most of which personalised how they knew his mother and a nice memory of her. A nice thing to have. Assume people dont do that if there is a funeral to attend

6 Likes

Dr Holohan says most of the newly announced deceased had died in institutional settings

Nursing homes - very sad.

1 Like

Id guessed that… Doesn’t make it any better

Most people take it seriously. But they need to be reminded to keep doing so. If ten per cent don’t then there’s a price to pay and if that ten per cent are older that price is heavier

1 Like

And do you think worrying about lying in a temporary morgue will make the situation better or worse for their anxiety

1 Like

May all the dead rest in peace

2 Likes

If it was an outbreak in one specific home, while obviously horribly tragic, it makes the overall situation somewhat better.

4 Likes

In the journey to the light,
the dark moments
should not threaten.
Belief
requires
that you hold steady.
Bend, if you will,
with the wind.
The tree is your teacher,
roots at once
more firm
from experience
in the soil
made fragile.

Your gentle dew will come
and a stirring
of power
to go on
towards the space
of sharing.

In the misery of the I,
in rage,
it is easy to cry out
against all others
but to weaken
is to die
in the misery of knowing
the journey abandoned
towards the sharing
of all human hope
and cries
is the loss
of all we know
of the divine
reclaimed
for our shared
humanity.
Hold firm.
Take care.
Come home
together.

3 Likes

It’s the reality of the situation the country, nae world are in. One mortuary is the same as the next.

1 Like