Coronavirus - Dig In, It's going to be a while yet

I noticed that last night as well. Roads really busy and there was a big gang of people heading over the bridge together at one stage.

I havenā€™t been reading here. Wtf is the ā€œImperial Collegeā€?

Where @ChairmanDan and @Tim_Riggins went to school

3 Likes

Iā€™ve heard him with slurred speech also but think it is a result of brain injury he suffered rather than alcohol.

I donā€™t believe the Imperial College ever advised herd immunity, maybe individual scientists did. There are plenty epidemiologists who believe herd immunity is the best approach, even today. It seems a field that has as much variation in opinion as economics.

Their models donā€™t make sense.

A university in Kensington.

Which ones?

Oh youā€™re doing that classic Sidney thing of associating Trump with the opposing point of view in an entirely different discussion so as to validate your argument. Never change.

Herd immunity works fine.

2 Likes

If Iā€™m wrong I retract my previous criticism of the imperial college.

1 Like

Covered here mate

Iā€™m not reading this thread anymore so not sure if this has been posted? A bit of good news to help ye go to sleep and I still think the fatality numbers will fall further once the antibodies testing comes in

3 Likes

It all goes into the app, so if someone gets covid 19, anywhere they have been will show up. Then they will also be able to find anyone else who may have been in contact with them or same places. Just a good technology based contact tracing method brought in.

Iā€™d be very wary about how that could be used in the future.

I believe the experts in public health also get some economics training as part of their studies. They need to understand it in terms of the financing of healthcare systems (including most importantly in 3rd world countries), advocacy and to run cost benefits/budgets of their programmes.

The CDC have a big section on it. https://www.cdc.gov/publichealthgateway/pheconomics/index.html

Iā€™ve been banging that drum for awhile @Julio_Geordio as an amateur scientist pal.

Very Orwellian but makes sense

1 Like

You may not be wrong, it may have been individuals from the Imperial College who initially advised Vallance before the full model was done.

I didn;t have to do anything - you walked yourself straight into it because you decided to pick an argument when you didnā€™t even know what you were arguing about - you just decided to argue about something because my existence annoys you immensely, which is quite gratifying actuallly.