Coronavirus - Dig In, It's going to be a while yet

2 Likes

Ok, that’s good.

Up around 260 capacity for ICU so. And probably another 140 with ventilators approx, I’d say the total number is around 400 alright but not just for virus illness.

Somebody pick @myboyblue off the floor.

Your source was wrong.

The minister for health contradicted it

No they’d already gotten 50 or so. Read carefully. 101 more icu beds.

What’s with the " no way " replies when you’re none the wiser?

It can be answered now. Dinny and Larry Goodman are involved in the private hospitals and you can be sure they got a great deal for those beds

You’re as crooked as an S hook

Yeah she is.

I doubt it. Most of the nursing home cases wouldnt have left the nursing home Id say

Roads seem to be a good bit busier today with both cars and pedestrians in Dublin 5

What percentage of Irish people have private health insurance?

Not a scooby

I wonder who was the Barney curleys source who said Wimbledon was 100% going ahead?:grinning::grinning::grinning:

2.2 million or 45%. That’s why you have so many private ICU beds.

1 Like

Private patients can use public capacity but not vice versa. It’s a ridiculously high number.

The HSE is a disgrace here. I have private health insurance and the only time I had to go to hospital I spent 3 days on a trolley in a corridor because I was admitted through a&e

1 Like

Good to have in a crisis though. I think you’ll find that the countries that do best in this crisis are the ones with a good mix of public and private health care, where it can be all used in a crisis. The evidence so far is that countries dependent on mainly or only government run socialized health care are disaster zones.

Fucks sakes

I imagine most are used after operations people have through their health insurance. Private hospitals aren’t really there for emergencies (though a few have opened limited hours ones).

How much public capacity is in the States?