Coronavirus - Dig In, It's going to be a while yet

It’s normally at 96% capacity. But apparently cancelling surgeries etc reduces the number naturally, as does the lack of people on the road as it reduces serious trauma events significantly. They said we’d have about 400 beds for this right about now. Not sure if they’ve gotten there yet. It’s not a very ambitious target so they should have

They had 400 beds just for the virus or total including regular capacity?

It was never entirely clear but it seemed to be implied they’d have 400 just for this

Half of those are private

Not too many that enter leave of their own accord I’d fear looking at age profiles so far of deceased.

Yer man Tony Connelly with a twenty-something part thread about the UK government vetoing the EU Commission’s request to retain an office in Belfast post Brexit. Get off the stage Tony. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

So initial capacity was around 200.

They’ve added 400 extra beds? That would be seriously impressive

They took over the private beds.

There is no way there was more private capacity than public for ICU. No way

Yes there was a very similar amount anyway three weeks ago.

I find that very hard believe, have you a link or something where you saw it?

Temp subsidy but if she’s in a business that’s doing well out of this she’ll get nothing.

1 Like

There’s also critical care beds which we’ve 50 of too i think. I’m not sure if they are public or private.

Sorry there’s 250 icu beds public and 150 private but three weeks ago there was 150 public ones available and all of the private ones also were made available as well. So 400 altogether but 300 for the corona virus at the time. Presume even more are available now.

According to this 3 days ago there were 167 critical care units available and 88 were in use

Private ones are on stand bye and there’s definitely 150 of them.

More lies

No way. 50/60 max.

I’d say the capacity is around the 200-220 mark, realistically

That’s a fucking outrage we’ve almost ae much private capacity for ICU as public.

Thank fuck they’ll be put to use now. But that will need to be answered afterwards