Coronavirus - Dig In, It's going to be a while yet

I thought Singaporeā€™s success to date was more to do with tracking and isolating cases? Are the schools and businesses still open? The numbers are impressive, but you have to wonder would they work in a western country, as in could you implement them.

Schools and businesses closing this Tuesday/Wednesday due to the recent cases.

2 Likes

For how long?

Why would we be behind them though I suppose was my point? Id have thought we should be at pretty much same stage

Big Joe Joyce knows the craic. Skip to 0.51

Get over yourself Fergal

1 Like

Thatā€™s capitalism for ya.

'Tis mad how certain posters here post in the exact same style as IONA Dave. Mad, I tells ya.

Explains their idiotic opinions too.

Is there any evidence in the last week of less demand for testing? Fewer people ringing up their GPā€™s with symptoms?

Surely this is the clearest indicator if we are making progress or not?

2 Likes

In the beginning everybody panicked and applied for tests. It has settled down a bit now.

Anyway the criteria for getting tested is a lot more stringent now.

Yep. You need a TV /radio show or some national profile.

19 Likes

Is this what it would be like if every day was Christmas like Shakin Stevens wished?

Fucksake

Weā€™re 10 days behind with our testingā€¦ Thousands have had it and got over it before they were testedā€¦ Testing is an indicator of nothing.

1 Like

The office for national statistics are adding community deaths on a weekly basis. Monday or Tuesday Iā€™d say. Last weekā€™s figures were up to the 20th of March.

Incorrect. We initially only tested someone presenting fever, cough and breathing issues.

But if less people are showing symptoms and not ringing their doctors it would be a sign of progress.