Coronavirus - Dig In, It's going to be a while yet

What you are saying seems perfectly reasonable to me. Iā€™d be inclined to agree that we are erring too far on the side of caution.Have you any doubt that the numbers dying might be low BECAUSE of the strict measures weā€™re following? Surely itā€™s something to consider.

What do you think an acceptable delay would be so?

And dying in your beds some days from now, would you be willing to trade all the walks you took your dog on, and the Easter weekend in Wexford for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell the rest us that you were wrong.

1 Like

You can tell a lot about a society by how they treat their old and infirm.

2 Likes

Possibly 2 or 3 days, then again the legislation shouldā€™ve been introduced a lot earlier

This is an interesting enough comment because during the last few elections their has been a lot of frustration over the older voters loyalty to fine fail/Gael. Whatever happens this will change the country forever more.

You havenā€™t an absolute notion of what youā€™re talking about

But youā€™ve ignored the data from places where the attempts to handle it have failed. Theres evidence now in New York, France, Spain and Italy of what happens when the spread overwhelms ICUā€™s. Youā€™re disregarding this.

We have far less ICU capacity than any of those places.

The measures are in place to prevent a complete breakdown in the health services.

Youā€™ve never proposed an alternative to the measures, other than saying to let the old and sick die

2 Likes

If test results for this take 4 weeks to arrive, theyā€™re largely pointless, no?

You still havenā€™t read it. Itā€™s only 18 pages, I know you could do it.

1 Like

Yes I do. In the south of Italy lock down has led to huge social unrest and needless deaths. Irish men by and large are terrified of addressing mental health issues as we found out over the weekend on here.

Yes and weā€™ve know found out they arenā€™t contact tracing.

Thatā€™s as nasty a post as Iā€™ve seen in a while.

You got about 2 days out of trying to be a better person

What a day ā€¦ Spun into Douglas for a breakfast burrito for a treat. A day out of the heavens.

Charlie Haugheys grave is within my 2km zone.

3 Likes

Just out for a spin, with his machete

I donā€™t want to make generalisations but generally people who drive that type of car are uneducated cunts.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a fact Irish men By and large are terrified of addressing mental health issues. Look at the comments here on Saturday when fellas were mocking people with mental health issues.

Thereā€™s always social unrest and needless deaths in the South of Italy. Most of it is lawless and run by organised crime. Coronavirus a handy excuse to blame it on now.

It was a terribly selfish post from you.