Coronavirus - Dig In, It's going to be a while yet

These are the sort of cunts the Gardai are having to deal with during this lockdown. Dangerous fucks.

I was of the impression that contact tracing is pretty much irrelevant or unmanageable once you get past a small few cases

The numbers of deaths in Ireland are not out of the ordinary when compared with previous years (I posted a plot of pooled z-scores on the Edgy Thread yesterday). There is no obvious excess in ā€˜all causeā€™ mortality based on the latest datasets.

Donā€™t fall into the trap of narrowing your focus solely on the numbers of deaths, or worse still the death rate. You have to apply statistical problem solving strategies and analysis methods, and that means looking at the reliability of the test for coronavirus, the sample size of the population being tested (i.e. asymptomatic individuals are getting sick and making full recoveries without being tested, and never form part of the reporting on mortality rates), etc.

Think about it. We have what 3,000? confirmed cases at this point. Imagine the resources involved in contacting everyone those people had contact with and the subsequent people they had contact with.

The gate has well and truly bolted with regard that.

Tell that to the Germans

We are creating a whole other monster with the mass hysteria the press and the government are engaging in ā€¦ Mental health and economic melt down on the horizon - the government have given up on testing and are just engaging in spin and hysteria instead.

Iā€™ve only been to the north so Iā€™ll look into this but I hope we donā€™t seen those scenes here Jeff :pray: I hope you are well and finding a routine that works!

If anyone thought you were serious, youā€™d be a dangerous bastard

2 Likes

As weā€™ve seen on here when you see people mocking people with mental health issues you know itā€™s going to be a river of shit for us down the line. Iā€™m utterly terrified for the future.

Organised crime is certainly agitating this as there is no bigger business in the south of Italy, sadly.

People are waiting 3 weeks to a month for results :rofl:

The gov dont give a bollix. Itā€™s as clear as day.

1 Like

Jaysus lads, does anyone do a bit of work at all?

Sad to see people masquerading their own selfishness and weaknesses as mental health issues.

There are plenty of people with mental health problems who are bravely battling the impact of this virus, it does them no good when people are trying to gazump this for their own gains.

Itā€™s about as low as you can go.

3 Likes

So do you definitely think we should go completely back to normal on tuesday? Would be a brave call

Can you point me to where I said that?

I have not knowingly ignored data. In fact, I went so far as to break down some of the multiple factors at play in Italy a few days back (Reopen the counties - the COVID-19 Edgy thread).

Iā€™ve noticed this as a recurring theme alright.

2 Likes

Our system has crashed and I think the IT guy must have his headphones in and is playing World of Warcraft or something.

Oh listen look it Shur, I know youā€™re getting something out of this, I just hope no one thinks youā€™re serious.

Itā€™s very poor form to use a global crisis to push forward their own weird agendas. Iā€™m surprised at some lads here, others not so much.

3 Likes