Coronavirus - Dig In, It's going to be a while yet

@gilgamboa, i’ll take cash ta

1 Like

New York is the Italy of the US, in every respect. Hopefully they can keep the deaths down. Cuomo is doing a really good job in fairness.

1 Like

So long as New York is fucked I presume they’ll have to keep the whole country on lockdown.

Only CA, NY and IL have imposed shelter in place so far. It’s been handed state by state based on the rate of infections, would expect a lot more urban centers to be added this next week.

Id love to be paying out

Washington State are the poster child in the US. No new cases after such a ropey start. They should be where NY are now.

https://twitter.com/holbornlolz/status/1241800845290803205?s=21

2 Likes

Expect so but lots of people already doing it and have been for nearly 2 weeks now. Boston was deserted 10 days ago.

I’ve a friend getting the hell out of Louisiana today as they’ve made such a mess of it there.

Well worth a watch :joy:

Seems to be very much under control in DC California. Would that be a fair read?

Limerick doing a serious job here. We’ve been on 15 cases for a few days I think. Galway, Wicklow, Kildare and Westmeath have all overtaken us.

Don’t let this slip lads.

2 Likes

Maybe there testing fuck all in Limerick. I’d take that with a pinch of salt

You will be

1 Like

Far too early to talk about under control, Washington State as stated above the only ones who have driven the numbers down. It will get a lot worse in the next few weeks across the country.

Why?

All the Limerick carriers have decamped to Kilkee

They have about 270 ICU beds and they say they’ll double them. But let’s say we have that many free and everything they add on is taken up by the normal day to day ICU problems i.e. everything else. The beds are generally running at 90% plus occupancy before this so I think that’s a fair enough assumption.
So we’ve 270 beds to work with.

Globally 5% or so end up in ICU, so working backwards. 270 is 5% of 5,400. So you can have that many people infected with it at any one time. Assuming it takes two weeks to get over it if you get a bad dose (a complete guess) then you can get about 385 new cases every day (assuming the same amount are being cured at the far end).

As I said. Very unscientific.

If it takes more or less time to recover from ICU level care then the numbers shift dramatically either way

1 Like

Works for me

Them fucking 15 were Clare cunts as well.

In all seriousness though there’s no testing here. I know someone who’s waiting 8 days and still not called

2 Likes

Yeah this is what I think as well. And if they double the ICU beds we could just about cope with 10,000.