Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

A trip out on the dart for a session outside Dublin is the new electric picnic

What have I missed?

Bray will be like Ibiza next week

That table isn’t even correct. I assume it means that stage 1 can exceed 10 people from a single household buy it doesnt even say that.

Next 2 weeks are crucial

1 Like

You just need to plan on coccooning grandad.

The Dubs would be better off moving back to three then their pubs could open some bit :joy:

One fucking hour their months long roadmap hasn’t lasted

People overstating the pubs thing "Lexlip / Clane / some other suburb sithole, will be rammed with dubs next week "

Dublin is probably the easiest place in the country to get a pint as it stands.

That would be an ecumenical matter

Depends on the next 7 days, which are vital.

It’s not about ability get a pint, it’s about undermining their own plan.

They shouldn’t have wet pubs under these headings;

…if they’re going to come up with bespoke changes on “level 2” for one area

What would you do if you had a fine Berlingo-based business for the last 10 years but you live in Dublin and generally travel to all 26 counties for work?

1 Like

Testing in Nursing homes which had been happening on a weekly basis is now suspended lads. And not for the first time. Sure nursing homes are grand.

Potentially - however if the covid situation in Dublin deteriorates sufficiently to warrant level 3 restrictions at least the pubs would be open so you could pass your time leisurely.

If it goes to shit and reaches level 4 you’ll always have the many beer gardens in the capitol to embibe.

2 Likes

As per the last line of that great novel Solar Bones

Keep going Keep going ta fuck.

2 Likes

My staycation plans are Big Phil-esque with trips to Wexford and Athlone via Dublin each time. I need Dublin to stay at level 2.5 for the duration :grimacing:

1 Like

You’d think by now these gowls would round up a rent a crowd and deliver this bullshit to a sample size and gauge feedback. You know rather than embarrassing themselves in front of the nation

1 Like

Just saw on the RTE website there that the infection rate in Dublin is 95 per 100000. Over here we have 1.4 per 100000 and we OUTF during May. One fella I know in Warsaw was told by his 90 year old mother not to come back to visit her because “ye are all infected”. :slight_smile: