Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

Is the time limit gone in all pubs/restaurants from next week?

They are a fair shower of Mongoā€™s all the same

Mongo only pawn in game of life.

People wanted a roadmap. People got a roadmap.

It isnā€™t the roadmap they wanted so thereā€™ll be another few months of bitching about it.

Thatā€™s the way its gone now

Iā€™m sorry Esteban this is not a road map. This is complete nonsense.

I think it stays as was in the SI last week

Anything that isnā€™t a full opening up of everything is seen as nonsense now and met with outrage. Which is nonsense

Iā€™m reliably informed this is a done deal. Begs why they just didnā€™t do it today

Youā€™d want your head examined to plan anything at the minute. Your wedding could have 50/25/6 people at it depending on the whims of nphet. Your staycation could be cancelled because rates rise in your home/host county. Not saying by the way that there is any other way around this but thatā€™s the reality of it. You should really only be thinking week to week at most here.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s a bit of a difference between full reopening and the absolute best case scenario which they have put forward, which is nonsense

1 Like

Iā€™d say a lot of hotels will just shut up shop for the winter

Depends on the pubs ability to maintain social distancing.

2m distancing - no time limit
1m - Time limit

Whatā€™s ā€œNext weekā€?

Could be as soon as this Thursday

If Dublin officially moves into Level 3 next week my staycation in Wexford next Wednesday is banjaxed. However, letā€™s say that decision is made on Tuesday, if Iā€™ve left Dublin on Monday and donā€™t return, I should be able to move freely between non Dublin counties?

I have decided not to open my boozer now until next Wednesday instead of Monday in solidarity with my Dublin brethern

7 Likes

Youā€™re dead right. Theyā€™d do the same for you, in a heartbeat

1 Like

Vintners are not happy. They will be gunning for FF now.