Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

They are having their long awaited fifteen minutes and are loath to give it up. RTE should know better though. Unless they are happy to be the PR department of the Government.

429 cases

1 death

189 in Dublin

• 60 in Cork
  • 31 in Donegal
  • 28 in Galway
  • 18 in Kildare
  • 15 in Wicklow
  • 15 in Clare
  • 12 in Limerick
  • 9 in Meath
  • 8 in Louth
  • 7 in Cavan
  • 7 in Longford
  • 6 in Laois
  • 5 in Offaly
  • 5 in Westmeath
  • 14 cases in 8 counties

Woolberto will not be silenced

1 Like

Some show of ignorance by Ronan Glynn at the Oireactas today moaning about the traffic levels in Dublin.

“Anecdotal” evidence he cited on it not coming down. Of course traffic is still significantly down on last year. Traffic might not be at March and April levels, but the majority of the public still need to go “on site” to conduct their day to day activities - whether that is school, working in retail, working in construction or whatever.

It underlines that NPHET have nfi what they are at. They would rather people stay locked away at home forever until this goes away.

6 Likes

28 deaths in 2 months out of an average of 5000 in total. 0.5% of deaths with Covid, probably half that again from Covid. How the absolute fuck are we not talking about this.

6 Likes

A man not too worried about bills, mortgages or just putting food on the table for the family.

2 Likes

Rare unclear post from you. Was he saying traffic levels are up or down? And are you agreeing or disagreeing?

Great graphic.

I’d say all 4 of the people under 40 who were admitted to ICU have been interviewed by the national media by now.

Am I also to take it that no-one under 40 has died since August?

1 Like

Obesity seems to be ignored when people talk about underlying conditions.

The army man was carrying a bit of timber.

How many more cases for Cork to hit Level 3?

What more can Tipp do to get to Level 1?

No county can be more than one level apart was a file they had at the start, dunno is that still in operation.

I’d say Cork are done after the meeting tomorrow

Aghada is riddled with it. The refinery has fallen.

Haven’t seen any mention of the R number lately,

Is it still being reported?

Is there not a hape of cases out Oola way? There and across the border

I’m due back in work next week.

Saying I’m safer in Limerick is surely a good enough reason to not go back :sweat_smile:

Do you have to be in the office?