Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

I’d say it’s fairly clear long ago what NPHET think about you going to the pub with your mates. They’ve a plan for you pal.

Yeah all level 2 counties now escalated to level 2.78

The whole thing is descending into a Monthy Python sketch.

3 Likes

How do they propose to enforce that ?

The same way 2 lads with Hurleys ruled from Dame Street for 800 years. Get Mick to turn on his neighbors

2 Likes

But is the issue with these new proposals not really that they were leaked? Either they were leaked by NPHET or FF, to show that they’re standing up to them, but either way it shouldn’t come out like this. The PR operation is a complete joke and they’re so stupid they think that they’re being smart.

Like, somebody, probably Leo, was trying to impose some proper practical governance on NPHET with the roadmap. NPHET were probably against it from the start (I now suspect) but it was basically a good idea. Dublin never got any clarity from the roadmap and now this leak has destroyed any clarity it gave to the rest of the country as well. So whoever is responsible for this leak has badly compromised public health, I would say.

1 Like

“Tony” is back now ,will come marching in Monday on his white horse.
He is the man “we” need to make “us” all feel safe again.
Expect the next few weeks to really be critical

it’s advice.

Tony is a LIDTF merchant.

1 Like

He’ll take one look at it and slam down the shutters

They never said the critical days were the end of it in fairness.

442 cases

4 deaths

170 cases are in Dublin. 47 in Cork, 28 in Donegal, 23 in Meath, 21 in Galway, 20 in Monaghan, 14 in Clare, 12 in Roscommon, 11 in Laois, 11 in Longford, 10 in Cavan, 10 in Limerick, 10 in Tipperary, 9 in Kildare, 8 in Wicklow, 5 in Louth and 5 in Wexford

Remaining 28 cases in 9 counties.

This daily update isn’t really grabbing me like other day updates have.

I think I have Daily Case Update fatigue.

Its fizzling out

Holohan will hope his second coming isn’t like Kevin Keegan with Newcastle in 2008.

: Multiple studies from the beginning have suggested that as few as 10 to 20 percent of infected people may be responsible for as much as 80 to 90 percent of transmission, and that many people barely transmit it.

2 Likes

One establishment in Cork linked to 57 cases.

Edit, Reardens apparently

Is it because contact tracing has improved? Isn’t anything that they can’t identify called community transmission?

That’s very interesting and the reverse tracing makes sense. And reassuring in a way, unless you happen to be near a super spreader. Is there something to ventilation, if so surely the winter will see way more cases as there’s less of that. Seems keeping mouths closed and not talking unnecessarily is also key. Unlucky Dublin.

2 Likes

Has Cork been level 3’d or locked up or locked down or whatever it is that they’re calling it now?