Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

It may not be a strategy as such but some type of hard Brexit is due to happen shortly. In normal circumstances it would be hard to explain away the GDP hit and disruption to food and medical supplies etc.

If GDP is getting a large hit anyway and supply chains are in flux it would be easier for Cummings and Boris to hoodwink white van man that Covid-19 is to blame.

The UK public are fully aware of what they signed up for.

I think you are attributing far too much intelligence to people that are simply not very intelligent. The majority of politicians are as thick as shit, their ability to yap is like lipstick on a pig. Remember these effectively are the same lads who were telling us in 2006/7 that there was no housing bubble, prices would just rise forever, and then were caught by surprise when the market collapsed. They were wrong and the economy collapsed, imo they are wrong again and this time the economic damage will be far greater. It’s incompetence plain and simple.

1 Like

300 million a week for the nhs?

2 Likes
1 Like

She’s becoming beyond painful.

3 Likes

I would

2 Likes

People huddling together in a stand in cold, miserable weather in October.

How dare they…

Are they warming each other’s hands or something?

You’re some dipstick

She makes one good point there

They’ll catch their death in that weather.

She loves giving an old lecture out to the plebs.

1 Like

Pre-meeting, I’m reliably informed* that NPHET have given the government a heads up that they’re likely to recommend a nationwide move to level 4.

*by Sunday papers and one actual human source with a foot in one of the camps

Very unfair on Leitrim

what figures you expecting this evening Copper? 800?

Level 4 would be a big plus to the wet pubs in Dublin as they can open with outside seating

1 Like

They’ll be fairly wet indeed.

I believe we’ll be in Level 4 nationwide by close of play on Friday.

I’m expecting 743 cases today. The powers that bears spooked.