Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

CB - What would you do?

Cullinane - I don’t know.

Another gowl.

11 Likes

We have 70 odd less ICU beds now than we did in April.

Cullinane nailed them on the ICU beds and then fell apart when asked what he would have done

“That man has given this country great service”

I need a drink

Classic Waterford. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

32 Likes

Mental health
Cancer
Cardiac care
Young people

That’s the checklist tonight

Barrett looks like a small child next to O’callaghan.

1 Like

RBB - he’s a gas cunt.

RBB clearly didn’t get memo that NPHETs modeling has been wrong every time

3 Likes

If we get ahead of the virus we won’t be able to surprise it. Better to sneak up behind it

1 Like

Did Cullinane, with respect, not see the letter?

2 Likes

He’s not a tout

3 Likes

It’s entirely implausible.

This was a catastrophic day for the government. There were rumblings yesterday about a nationwide level 4 recommendation maybe coming which hadn’t been flagged in advance and which seemed to catch everyone off guard. For Nphet then to come out with Level 5 was completely unexpected and damaging.

In one day they managed to annoy those who don’t want more restrictions and those who do want more restrictions.

I would believe the leak on Level 3 nationwide was shared in time to make sure drive time radio and the 6 o’clock news weren’t going to say something completely out of step with the later announcement. But there’s no way there was any manipulation or chicanery before then. This was a bizarre and unexpected departure from Nphet who have been annoying the government before with issuing public pronouncements before seeking ratification from the government.

5 Likes

David wants to see a plan that works. Sinn Fein’s populism nature stopping them from having any stance whatsoever

7 Likes

Whatever they are doing, we would have done more of it and better

1 Like

5th October should be a new bank holiday

We can’t be consumed by our petty differences anymore.

We’re fighting for our right to live, to exist.

That Alison O’Connor is an awful dose.

14 Likes

How come Claire gets a vaccine and she young and healthy when doctors all over the country don’t have enough for their at risk patients?

3 Likes

Leo is the hero we need, but not the one we deserve.

We are lucky to have him.

3 Likes