Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

After 2 months of this shite there were lads calling up Joe Duffy to say that we’ve gone too far to turn back. Imagine after another year of this and we’re facing into 3 or 4 years more.

MHR destroyed Monty Burns there.

Excellent!

They are already vaccinating in China. Clinical trials are on going in England and the us.

I think a succession of austerity budgets would focus minds a bit if we are in the long haul for 3 or 4 years. I just dont think Ireland can take a unilateral response to this given our position in the EU. It would totally undermine our economy and consumer confidence. We cannot just borrow money relentlessly at negative interest rates. Eventually these loans get rolled over and refinanced. If Eurozone economy grows and sees some inflationary pressures and interest rates rise we will be the laggards of Europe sitting there with our dicks in our hands and all of a sudden financing that debt becomes very problematic. Michael O leary will be saying “I told you so” as he flies the troika from Brussels to Dublin.

1 Like

No vaccines approved for full use

The number of extra doctors recruited by HSE since March to fight the pandemic: 16
The number of special advisers appointed by Government since June: 64

7 Likes

516 positive tests from a sample of 11,646 in the past 24 hours.

4.43% positivity rate.

Top wumming

1 Like

Dawning on you is it?

1 Like

We’re not turf munching hysterical Muldoons no reason to go mental when we’ve won 6 counties in 9 years.

2 Likes

Michael Healy Rae understand the Irish people far more than a cunt like Martin.

5 Likes

I noticed that, they were lovely little digs.

There won’t be any austerity due to covid. We will do broadly the same as the EU give or take a bit.

1 Like

Martin’s smirk there was priceless.

He had Healy-Rae hopping. I’d imagine that’s what @Lazarus is like when the head goes

1 Like

Big statement to make mate, hope you’re right.

The budget this day next week by all accounts wont be anyway which will be a relief for those lucky enough to still be working.

There won’t be any austerity as long as Germany , Holland , Finland etc need to borrow .

The EU will need to tear up its fiscal rules. We will be borrowing for a while yet . There will be rollover debt to pay too in the coming years .

There may well be another euro zone Crisis .

Spurs triailing the 30 second Covid test according to the Athletic

Guards will be out and about in force over the next few days to implement level 3, with checkpoints on major routes. However Drew Harris has confirmed they will have no new powers

:joy::joy::joy:

What’s the point in having checkpoints on busy roads. Better off putting the resources into driving around housing estates and student areas checking for parties etc