Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

Highly doubtful I’d say, don’t think the “wet pubs” will be back before Christmas.

If we all converted to the reformed faith could we develop immunity ??

Maybe the ones who serve food will. In which case most of the normal pubs will have some work around in place to overcome these latest restrictions.

They got nailed in the first wave. The feenyins went mad during the club championship and are all riddled now.

Probably likely to be the 1hr 45m limit with @Tassotti having to put his hand up to use the toilet.

1 Like

So the virus doesn’t respect the battle of the Boyne ??

The virus respects nuffin.

Response pre covid - health service not able to cope with winter numbers. We need more beds.

Response post covid during the summer - we need more beds.

Response now - we don’t have enough beds. Lock it down.

It’s a valid comparison.

1 Like

Na Piarsaigh were the perfect county champions for Limerick really seeing as they have no supporters.

18 Likes

Pubs will be back open on the 27th all going well

The next two weeks are crucial.

How papist is Warrenpoint? I have a dental appointment there this week

Enjoy them as best you can. The following two are critical

5 Likes

18 Brits were blown to bits…down by the narrow water!

1 Like

Man, you think this is going to be over by next summer? Moving up and down these five levels is the foreseeable future.

1 Like

I think he’s had a few subtle digs at McDonkey, his infectious diseases counterpart in another Dublin hospital in that piece.

3 Likes

Not by a long shot will it be over by next summer. I was speaking in terms of Christmas. In terms of moving of going up and down the levels over 2 or 3 years it’s hard to know if public apathy and fatigue will sustain that. Too much uncertainty. Or contrary to that someone could argue that people may become conditioned to the uncertainty and state of inertia. I predict the roadmap wont age very well and I’d be shocked if we are looking at it in 12 months time and not something else albeit with different levels and criteria.

1 Like

He’s bang on the money there.