Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

#Covid19 is well & truly ahead of us.

Itā€™s just too damn smart.

The whole thing has been a disaster ever since the greens got back in

Similar circumstance of a case around @briantinnion home patch. One lad in college came home and tested positive. The brother went down to the local pub and was asked if he should not be isolating too. Sure Iā€™ve no symptoms he says. Went in a van with three others to his construction job and doctor rang to tell him his results came thru positive. So he could likely have infected a load of people for being an absolute idiot. People need to be able to trust others to do the right thing. Itā€™s lads like these who are the reason for the rise. Most people doing the right thing but selfish fuckers going around fucking it for the rest

6 Likes

It is cuntish behavior.

But, when youā€™ve lads calling it a cod you will get fools to listen.

I believe we can live with this virus if we play by the rules. By rules I mean a bit of fucking cop on, step back a few feet and just wear a mask indoors when out.

Most of these lads you heat of doing that ā€œ still live as normal ā€œ when they are a risk or simply just positive are coming out of it fine. But itā€™s the spread which will up positive numbers hence closing up the economy and worse still the risk of fatalitiesā€¦

People just need to sit down a reassess their actions day to day and ask themselves can I live a little better in these times.

Give us back relative freedoms but we are all in it together, only together can we move forward.

Someone would want to stamp that line on McWonkeys forehead.

3 Likes

are the colleges a massive factor in this surge? I am hearing a few stories

Possibly an issue alright. Neighbour of mine with immune issues since a recent operation isnā€™t keen on the young fella tracking on home every weekend. Nervous as fuck was the way it was put.

me thinks it a big factor

I havent the figures to back it up but just what you would be hearing

College goers are mixing in so many different circles itā€™s inevitable they will be spreading it.

Handy link to view the testing data vs confirmed cases. Uses the official API from the Department so will update automatically.

Usually gets updated around 3pm each day.

1 Like

In the UK are they expected to stay in their College housing & theyā€™ll maybe be allowed home for Xmas?

Says a bit if true.

2 confirmed cases in my workplace in the last week.

inevitable

Age category? Young out & about or middle aged and settled?

Two young lads about my age.

Both were out last Friday night with a group from work for a few drinks. Iā€™d have been out with them if I wasnā€™t on holidays and back in Limerick. The two lads got tested Tuesday and the rest of the group got tested later in the week.

Most students in the UK stay up for the full term anyway, or maybe go home once or twice a term

Probably a massive % more live on campuses too Iā€™d be guessing.

I am demanding you stay away from these trouble makers, last thing the forum needs is our go to guy getting seriously ill.

1 Like

Seems a dubious enough source Alison is relying on there

Anyone who actually says ā€œthis is not a drillā€ should not be in any position of power.

1 Like