Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

Thereā€™s a few crazy parents who want them closed and a minority of teachers.

In fairness to teachers at secondary level, I can understand being a big miffed if we go to Level 5 and secondary schools for over 15s are left open. They will drive infections just as much.

1 Like

We need to hold steady until the end of the week. Keep an eye on the Dublin figures for the next few days, if they continue to stabalise and drop then we need to let Level 3 work itā€™s magic around the country.

The time of the year should help as well with the burst of communions & county finals finished, along with shorter & colder evenings should all help limit to amount of uncontrolled gatherings.

1 Like

People will moderate behavior, it happened in March and it will happen again.

1 Like

The screaming Marys here will call for the schools to close now.

Our cases numbers are show signs that they could be steady. Much and all as Iā€™m against the restrictions as they are, if keeping them means keeping the schools open then we should hold firm.

A lot of what the media have blamed for the rise in cases (GAA fans, pubs, restaurants etc) are all gone now. The numbers should begin to fall considerably in the next two weeks

1 Like

Real hint of Pot - Kettle off you calling anyone a screaming Maryā€¦ :smiley:

I scream in the opposite direction

A good time to invade, dont pass up a good crisis. Get the army to the border.

2 Likes

Agree with them keeping the gyms open through it. We should do likewise if we go to level 4. Important for the overall health of the populace

2 Likes

Get out a go for a run. Gyms are for fannies.

6 Likes

He might get a bit wet.

A day thinning turnips would crown him.

Gyms were fairly grim places even back in the good old days.

@Batigol is a piece of marble

The gym his chisel

In general I have been a little surprised that there hasnā€™t been any push (that I can see) from NPHET/HSE or the government towards encouraging people to exercise, given how obesity is a serious risk factor for COVID (and pretty much everything else). They should be encouraging people to get out and run, walk or hike or, for fannies like me, telling them to go to a gym where they can get fit without getting wet

2 Likes

Its a sad state of affairs when the govt has to tell people to go outside and exercise.

Itā€™d be healthier, long term, than telling them to hide under the bed and meet no other human beings anywhere, ever

TBF no one has actually been told to hide under their bed. And if they were, theyā€™d be bigger eejits to do so.

In the same vein, nobody should need to be told to get outside and get fresh air.

Itā€™s screaming regardless

I didnā€™t know turnips came in a tin.