Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

The whole thing is a fucking academic excercise sure. load of eggheads testing out theories while they rip the World apart.

2 Likes

The NPHET meetings must be a great laugh

itd be up there with the TFK rastoolers meetings in the 51

Both groups love a singsong

1 Like

2 Likes

Was this not why they spend so much money on developing an app with Bluetooth connectivity. Heā€™s talking through his hat.

It doesnā€™t sound as though Nolan is at much himself. Just waiting around to see how other countries get on.

Weā€™re good at reacting in this country. Weā€™re shite at planning a project.

Nolan is speculating people caught it in a restaurant in his example but it could have been anywhere the person was. Without the data he does not know. The data was what the system should have been set up to capture.

You donā€™t need contact tracing for lads you live with.

NPHET have no incentive to engage in anything but defensive decision making.

We need a Minister for Covid taking on board input of health experts, economists, behaviouraL psychologists, business groups, colleges and liaising across departments.

4 Likes

I think heā€™s being generous giving himself 5/10 for that answer

13 Likes

Who would you trust to do that? Thereā€™s hardly a spine among them when they are hiding behind each other, not to mind one person having to take the role on themselves

Was the quango set up not the govts idea of that under the taoiseachs office?

Professor Carl Henegahn of Oxford said this a few weeks ago to the Oirechtas committee;

Second, we have heard much about pubs. Pubs are interesting. People talk emotively about what we should do and say we should close the pubs. Ireland has 7,200 pubs while the UK has 47,600. In the UK, we have had fewer than ten outbreaks. Every pub is an outlier and it is an opportunity to study what is going on. When people break the rules there might be quarantine for two weeks. If they break the rules they should have to stop. However, we should have an evidence-based approach for some of them and sample what is going on. There has been a knee-jerk reaction of closing all pubs.

Every pub is an outlier and an opportunity to study what is going onā€¦has Nolan bothered to do that or ask for the resources for that? Or is that just an ā€œacademic excerciseā€ beyond him?

5 Likes

288 positive swabs
14,507 tests
1.99% positivity

How many for the Dirty Dubs?

Thanks for posting this.

With myself being out of office for the next while I trust you to take over in my absence.

The gfs fathers theory on why corks numbers are so low is pure bred carkies are immune to the covid and its all blow ins who get it. This and the double in 90 is thereason why Cark is better than the rest of the world. Pure cark ignorance @Corksfinedtboy

1 Like

The Kaiser again, bring back the PDs

3 Likes

Love :heart: it and of course I agree entirely

1 Like

This is the different to the daily positive case total.
Thereā€™s no break down with that info.

1 Like

That prick and Harney near destroyed us