Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

Heā€™s fond of the odd house party too

Lock Europe down for 3 months says Anthony. Starting on St Stephenā€™s Day.

Push it down to zero, we had zero in february you cunt and what good does that do us when it can walk off a plane.

1 Like

Sure just look at that haircut.

And the next virus will be worse.

@Tierneevin1979 fact check: there were lorries with dead bodies in New York says Professor Staines?

45% of sweden live in caves on their own apparently

2 Likes

That was Goodfellas I think

3 Likes

A ā€œCovid quizā€ - sounds cringe/rubbish

RTE stalwart Christy Dignam on now

A good dose of fear from RTƉ again. References to bodies piling up on the streets.

Not unlike West Cork so

To lighten the mood Claire is having a Covid Quiz after the break with Dr Useless Toole as a judge. Rte are fucking tragic.

8 Likes

Like, to be honest lads, we need to just pray for the Irish people to overthrow this junta but it doesnā€™t seem like theyā€™re going to. I think, as George Orwell said, that hope lies with the proles, with the young lads raving at the Oliver Bond, but the problem is that they donā€™t give a fuck.

Should we bomb RTE?

1 Like

Claire Byrne Show in tabloidy guff shocker.

2 Likes

Some of the responses

1 Like

A reminder that back in March, Prof Staines said the pews would have to be removed from churches so we could turn them into hospitals/morgues.

4 Likes

I had to Google this after he said it and it appears heā€™s correct.

1 Like

There is absolutely no chance that we are going to do anything but lurch from one crisis to the next, overreacting at every turn.
Our only hope for salvation is that a few proper countries figure it out and we copy them

2 Likes

Iā€™m out. A quiz with two people from
The RTE canteen on corona virus restrictions.

Is this not supposed to be a serious current affairs programme?

1 Like

A survey asked people ā€œhave you broken restrictions in the past 3 weeks?ā€

83% said they had not.