Coronavirus Thread (Markey hates Immigrants )

Powered on the work phone there. France, Belgium and USA no longer on quarantine lists

4 Likes

Hearing a few cases of close contacts in schoolsā€¦ underage training, activities all cancelled for a few weeks as a resultā€¦ Backlog in getting tested too.

Shitshow.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had two fancy holidays since inter-county travel reopened, to Wexford and Monaghan so my young lads could see grandparents, cousins etc after so long.

Itā€™ll become a non-issue as hospitality reopens, but itā€™s been imperative to plan ahead and check on the presence and quality (or lack thereof) of toilet facilities before committing to any day trip during May.

This has been crucial for us, as my oldest fella is only recently toilet trained. Weā€™ve been to public amenities/places where the toilets have been locked - the likes of beaches and playgrounds.

Itā€™s really fucking annoying, especially as the results can be devastating. Like when he pissed on my arm and Garmin Vivoactive 4 watch one day instead of the bush I was trying to get him to aim at.

In short, Iā€™m on the side of Tom Lyons and Dublin city centre REVELLERS. To use a phrase invariably used by cunts on Twitter: we must do better. We need more toilets, bins, designated zones/spaces for gatherings etc.

9 Likes

There are already designated zones, with toilets and rubbish clean up. They are called pubs. Open them up ta fuck

1 Like

I died a little inside reading that.

This is a handy resource

https://www.pee.ie/

2 Likes

Do the US have a ban on all EU travellers at the moment? Iā€™m tentatively looking at booking something in Autumn.

They have a ban on people who were in the Schengen or the UK or Ireland within the last 14 days.

Iā€™m very much hoping to go to the US in September or October myself too.

Yeah I saw that. There seems to be no real rush with them to leave people in. Alas they may be waiting until a critical mass of people are vaccinated in EU and seeing how the Digital Green certificate works in practice. I would be hoping they open back up access to US in July. We are looking at October too.

Rumour is that Biden is making an announcement on lifting the ban on June 7th.

3 Likes

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

The chatter from the Embassy is that the US will recognise the EU DGC.

Thereā€™s a few talks this week with the Chamber of Commerce so perhaps some more details will come out.

Mrs Hunt is mad to head up to our old stomping ground in Malahide but Iā€™ve told her itā€™d be a nightmare trying to find public jacks/changing rooms. Anyone know if the jacks are open in Malahide Castle (where Avoca is)?

They were a couple of weeks ago

1 Like

Could street drinkers not just wear nappies or something?

Fail to prepare and all that?

2 Likes

Flaggons of cider come with a free toilet

Yeah. Itā€™s all under radar but Iā€™ve seen a few examples of it.

A can in the hand is worth two if thereā€™s a bush to pee in nearby.

The British army are doing unreal work in Bolton. They are literally kicking doors in vaccinating muslims whether they want it or not, the r number has been driven under 1in Bolton because of their decisive efforts

4 Likes