Coronavirus Thread (Markey hates Immigrants )

What do you expect for some loosely defined notion that ranges from genuine concerning symptoms to not being able to distinguish between the smell of coffee and petrol?

From the middle of this article:

More than 97 per cent of people hospitalised for Covid-19 in the US are unvaccinated, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

I quoted the physician in chief at the Children’s Hospital of New Orleans.

You quoted an anonymous anti-mask Twitter account.

It’s not.

Denialist propaganda is what divides people.

Who said they had to? They offer a product they want me to wear and know I don’t presently have.

“If you’ve no mask, I can sell you one”. Bit of a leap in belief for you?

Would you ever consider buying something you didn’t have and should have?

Yeah, particularly if I was offered it in a retail environment but, as I said above which you may have missed, in this instance I likely wouldn’t have bought and just gone on my way.

Truly deep level stuff huh?

There’s no saving the likes of you.

These fuckers won’t relent and next time the ban should be permanent.

That remark is lost on me, I must admit.

Dr Tom Black, chairman of the British Medical Association, said younger people refusing to get vaccinated were putting others at risk both from the virus and through clogging up badly needed hospital and intensive care beds.

Two-thirds of people in hospitals in the North with Covid-19 are not vaccinated.

“What we are going to see now is severe illness and harm coming to younger people because they are not vaccinated,” the Derry-based GP said. “Younger people are saying I don’t need it so I’m not getting it.”

Covid-19 was already becoming a disease “of younger people who are not vaccinated” despite the “urban myth” that the virus did not affect them, said Dr Black.

“It is an Ulster thranness,” he said, a colloquial term for stubbornness. “And it is having an impact on the health service, with hundreds of beds occupied [by Covid patients], multiple beds in intensive care occupied. That is a lot of hospital resources being used for Covid that really doesn’t need to be.”

You’d really have to wonder at the stupidity and selfishness of these Ulster people not getting vaccinated. Posing a risk to themselves and to others and using up precious hospital resources when they get sick.

I would say that anyone who has refused to take the vaccine and then gets sick from covid should not be accepted at hospitals. They should assume personal responsibility for the consequences of their decisions.

1 Like

He was a bit of a racist headbanger, I ran him off the board.

Taking that statement at face value, I salute you.

Get vaccinated

So the Irish approach of keeping indoor public spaces a place for vaxxed people only is bang on?

That’s not going to happen and nor should it

1 Like

I agree it should not happen and won’t, but it’s always good to see the mantra of “personal responsibility” exposed for the sham and fraud it is.

“Over the past decade Mercola has built a vast operation to push natural-health cures, disseminate anti-vaccination content and profit from all of it, say researchers who have studied his network. In 2017 he filed an affidavit claiming his net worth was “in excess of $100 million”, or more than €84 million.”

“In 2003 he published a book, The No-Grain Diet, which became a New York Times bestseller. He has since published books almost yearly. In 2015 he moved to Florida. As his popularity grew, Mercola began a cycle. It starts with making unproven and sometimes far-fetched health claims, such as that spring mattresses amplify harmful radiation, and then selling products online – from vitamin supplements to organic yogurt – that he promotes as alternative treatments.”

“When coronavirus hit last year, Mercola jumped on the news, with posts questioning the origins of the disease. In December he used a study that examined mask-wearing by doctors to argue that masks did not stop the spread of the virus. He also began promoting vitamin supplements as a way to ward off coronavirus. In a warning letter on February 18th the Food and Drug Administration said Mercola had “misleadingly represented” what were “unapproved and misbranded products” on Mercola.com as established Covid-19 treatments.”

I wonder where Ivor Cummins found inspiration.

That’s a completely separate issue.

Doctors are under oath to offer care to everyone, regardless of how they got injured or sick.

Fuck them out on the road altogether.