Coronavirus Thread - Pause before - The Final Battle (Part 1)

Gina is on now.

From Hugoā€™s?

The very one.

Never count the Russians out in winter

1 Like

Take the 2metres Gina you clown and improvise as the night evolves

Replying to your post, @Iggy, as I was searching to see if anyone had posted the link to the NY Times opinion piece from September on the Covid-19 vaccine. It looks like nobody did, which is surprising as it was a hugely important article and the impact it should have had has been lost due to lack of coverage or follow up.

Hereā€™s a direct quote from the article:

If you were to approve a coronavirus vaccine, would you approve one that you only knew protected people only from the most mild form of Covid-19, or one that would prevent its serious complications?

The answer is obvious. You would want to protect against the worst cases.

But thatā€™s not how the companies testing three of the leading coronavirus vaccine candidates, Moderna, Pfizer and AstraZeneca, whose U.S. trial is on hold, are approaching the problem.

According to the protocols for their studies, which they released late last week, a vaccine could meet the companiesā€™ benchmark for success if it lowered the risk of mild Covid-19, but was never shown to reduce moderate or severe forms of the disease, or the risk of hospitalization, admissions to the intensive care unit or death.

To say a vaccine works should mean that most people no longer run the risk of getting seriously sick. Thatā€™s not what these trials will determine.

So, in a nutshell, the all-important trials for the vaccine that will save humanity is being designed to show effectiveness in preventing mild cases of Covid-19. To be clear, nobody should really be too worried about mild cases of Covid-19 because they will naturally ā€œrun their courseā€ with minimal impact to the patient. There is no need to develop a vaccine to protect against mild cases of a coronavirus.

A quick show of handsā€¦

Are you getting the Covid-19 vaccine?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Timmy
ā€˜I know Gina I know her restaurant, and so does everyone else in Leinster Houseā€™
:smile:

Iā€™m as OIUTF as anyone on the pubs but surely there should be a distinction between restaurants and pubs in the stages as before

Thereā€™s one chap Martin something or other that has a podcast with another fella. He seems like a right weirdo anyway. Yer man Danny seems likes a complete fantasist so Iā€™d say the truth is somewhere in the middle, as @Spidey hinted at.

A lot of these individuals on both sides give off a vibe of not really having any REAL LIFE friends or social outlets, and Twitter soap operas gives them something to do. Now itā€™s grand to let off a few fucks on there at, say, Shane Lowry or some politician, but there are a pack of amateur PR gurus, political masterminds and Jessica Fletchers all egging each other on day after day.

Theyā€™re like an ONLINE version of nerds that had no friends until they started volunteering at parkrun and now their whole life revolves around it.

11 Likes

Why?

This is Gestapo or given the year thatā€™s in it RIC levels of behavior. I wonder do they monitor TFK. Maybe @EstebanSexface is a double agent.

1 Like

Iā€™ll happily tell Simon Harris what I think if him in person.

Havenā€™t noticed Esteban posting in a while. He must be taking a break from this place.

Ditto. He is the exact kind that would have dreamed up an operation like this.

Iā€™m sure Iā€™m on the list I have tweeted himself and leo letting them know.

He is wheeling and dealing on the fantasy football app the whole time. Itā€™s getting to the business end over there so extra levels of concentration needed. Iā€™m sure heā€™ll be back after week 13.

1 Like

Iā€™d be disappointed if I wasnt on it myself. If I requested a freedom of information it would contain a heavily redacted document with the word cunt ommitted.

I say thereā€™s long lists out there. The replies are golden. My favourite is he was called minister for gaslighting. Didnt it come out a few months ago that hoizer and blindboy were on some list for tweeting about direct provision. Fuck it Iā€™m definitely on that list Iā€™ve been very vocal on that subject

Exactly. Or militant recently converted cyclists and vegans in their 40s

1 Like

We did it guys :clap: :clap: