Coronavirus Thread (sponsored by Anthony Fauci & Pfizer) (Part 5)

They can close night clubs again, because that wouldn’t affect my life.

1 Like

I glanced at yer man Richard Chambers’s book in Easons one day.

Apparently around this time last year where NPHET recommended to keep level 5 restrictions in December after locking down for November, Paschal Donahue went mad as he was afraid of what the European Central Bank would think.

That’s what you’re up against.

1 Like

IDGAF about nightclubs, gyms, hairdressers. Outdoor sports and beer gardens is fine by me

Bit cold for the beer garden. Keep pubs open and close schools, but not creches

Rubbish. I’ve seen groups go on the batter for weekends and neer a Covid case. Ireland has a problem with hygiene. Ye’ve stopped washing her hands lads. Wash yer fucking hands. I’m sick to death telling yis.

And why was that not included originally?

As far as I know the original models didn’t factor that it or were more optimistic.

Close the pubs.

should we get a separate thread going on homeschooling or is it OK to discuss here?

2 Likes

its not even for debate.
you ll hear some discourse till maybe mid Dec about how we are “not going back into lockdown” but as I said before ,“tony” is walking folk down the garden path and you’ll have them closed I think from dec27 till at least Easter Monday

gyms, bookies all done
kids sport is by and large done this weekend anyway apart from some bizarre dublin gah clubs who apparently run their u5 nursery in winter per this forum…they won’t be open much longer tho and kids sport won’t be back in feb

what else
FAI cup final will go ahead with tickets ,there ll be nobody at it anyway.
I’m assuming numbers in shops will be restricted in next week or so?
or am I too trigger happy there?

Can some lockdown Mike? He’s unraveling

schools and creches will close
pubs probably don’t need to but the optics of leaving people on the piss with schools closed till Easter doesn’t fit so they’re done regardless

@glasagusban might take note because he said this sort of stuff wasn’t happening when it was obvious to anybody not born yesterday that government responses and more importantly non-responses everywhere have been riddled with Donohue’s sort of “thinking”.

I think that’s about it.
what do fellas think wrt dates?
I’m calling it dec 27 to Easter Monday…I think based on previous iterations and public hysteria this is a reasonably measured guesstimate

Whe did I say this sort of stuff wasn’t happening? If be interested for you to quote it for me just to make certain you aren’t making up things that people said again. Our responses all the way through this pandemic have been a bundle of contradictions and muddled thinking, from government and NPHET.

Here.

Quite a stretch.

Ah yeah, no other countries’ governments factored money into lifting restrictions.

And we definitely didn’t.

Something like that.

Business and business interests in government have always acted in opposition to public health during this pandemic.

But public health, if you get it right, has always been the greatest ally of business. It’s just that business is too thick to realise that, because it labours under delusions of “we want 2019 normality, now”.

The greatest enemy of business in this pandemic has always been business.

And so we are where we are.