Coup watch

Aung San Suu Kyi, come on down

Has Bono made a statement yet?

1 Like

The SLORC are back

This is all very ironic. I wonder will Damien Rice write a song praising the military junta now.

1 Like

I was watching al jazeera last night and their coverage is as always top notch
I understand there there is a law in Burma that 25% of the government must be made up of the military…now im not sure how this fits into a functioning democracy but post the recent election this is why the army have an issue…

is the world’s biggest heroin dealer in burma btw.
its bugging me now

@balbec :rocket:

2 Likes

Disconcerting for Myanmar and possibly the region. Reaction of USA and China will be pivotal. Myanmar has many factions and many weapons. Not a good combination.

2 Likes

What do you expect here? Is this related to Rohingya

Military stepping in for a year

A familar feel to this
‘The military, known as the Tatmadaw, charged that there was massive voting fraud in the election, though it has failed to provide proof. The state Union Election Commission last week rejected its allegations.’

I wouldn’t say so.
nobody gives two fucks about them apart from twitter

2 Likes

I love a good Burmese curry lads, can’t wait to go to Burma Superstar.

I see :thinking:
The Palestinians of the Far East you could say then

1 Like

US will talk about restoring democracy and human rights but that won’t be backed up by anything substantive. China will claim they do not want to interfere. I do not think it is related to Rohingya at all. Recent elections in November and slippage of power away from the military is the issue.

1 Like

It’s a superb news channel.

1 Like

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants

Miwadi TV. The latest acquisition in Davy’s growing media empire.

a right darcy of cunts in this pic

1 Like

President of Haiti assassinated.

4GLTE - Haiti: The former Dg Tèt Kale of Conatel accuses Jovenel Moïse of having conspired with the boss of Digicel and mortgaged the future of Telecoms - World Today News (world-today-news.com)