Cristiano Ronaldo - Legend (But just not as good as Messi)

By a considerable distance.

Good shout. Absolutely nowhere near Ronaldo in terms of amount of goals though. And plays in a Diddy league his club dominate.

Finishing is one thing which it is absolutely perfect for

As I said guys, Trezeguet is the purest finisher I’ve ever seen.

almost every single one of those are instinctive, first time finishes.

Great finishers for me, finish when they have time and have to take a touch. Bergkamp, Robben etc.

That’s the exact opposite to what a great finisher is. Great finishers are great finishers because they can bury a chance in a split second, either side, tight spaces, pressure. That’s a great finisher.

2 Likes

fair enough, it’s a subjective topic, which is why i put for me. You’ll claim to be definitively and absolutely correct about it though, and that I don’t understand football, so I’ll leave it there

He had a wand of a left foot. Put it through the eye of a needle with a lovely languid casual style.

He’d be a Ja Fallon or even a Padraig Joyce in GAA terms.

Ronaldo for me is the greatest headerer of goals I’ve ever seen and as such is an all time great.

What’s the difference in being the best finisher as opposed to the best goalscorer??
Robbie Keane for Ireland must be in the conversation given the amount of goals relative to the team he was playing for and the fact they played in Europe.

Last week @Thomas_Brady and @myboyblue were dismissing ronaldo as an overrated, troublesome prima done at the end of his career. This week they’re dismissing utd as a one man team.
You literally couldn’t make it up.

@croppy_boy making a show of himself.

Christy, I was reading there has scored 88 leagues goals in 203 Premier League appearances for Man U. That’s a goal every 2.3 games.

Jimmy Greaves scored 357 top flight English league goals in 516 appearances. . That’s a goal every 1.4 games.

What’s the difference in being the best finisher as opposed to the best goalscorer??

Can anyone answer this philosophical question? A great finisher is someone who finishes off chances to score goals, but how can you be a great goalscorer without finishing off chances? 🤷🤯

Why would you exclude the rest of Ronaldo’s goals in top flight football?

Because he wants Greavsie’s ratio to be better.

2 Likes

he chose league goals.

Lot harder to come by goals in the English league then the Mickey Mouse Serie A and Spanish League.

Al Murray pub Landlord, personified

Ronaldo spent most of his first stint at the club playing wide on the right of a 4-4-2

1 Like

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity