Cristiano Ronaldo - Legend (But just not as good as Messi)

Second only to Paul Barden in the list of Longford’s greatest footballer over the last 15 years.

Sergio Aguero has the best goals to minutes ratio in Top flight English football history with a goal every 107 minutes. 15 minutes better than the next best Harry Kane

More likely he’s trying to deflect from the current spurs debacle.

Ronaldo’s domestic goal scoring rate is falling again now that he’s back in the serious business of English football. He had a run of four league games before the weekend there without a goal against Aston Villa, Everton, Leicester and Liverpool. No Elche, Leavante or Santander to fill his boots and bolster the stats against now.

Greavsie also scored at a faster rate in Serie A than Ronaldo - 9 goals in 10 games, that’s an average of a goal every 1.1 games. Ronaldo scored 81 goals in 98 games, that’s an average of a goal every 1.2 games.

1 Like

Greavsie scored at that rate when it was a defensive league and he was struggling with alcoholism?

You get into loads of goalscoring positions.

Volume v efficiency. Salah is a better goalscorer but Greenwood is a better finisher.

to my mind a great finisher makes chances look easy, composed and clinical.

a great goalscorer gets goals off his arse inside the six yard box and might never score other than instinctive goals

finishing requires thought, scoring requires instinct

The word I’d use to describe a great finisher is clinical. If a sniff of a chance comes they don’t pass it up.

The Goat was some man to finish a chance when he got a sniff of it.

Gary Lineker was an unbelievable goalscorer

Cristiano Ronaldo has some amount of lads wound up. What a professional. We probably won’t see his like again.

2 Likes

You’re mixing me up with someone else bro.

Ah we will. Every generation throws up goalscorers.

That was a lovely goal he scored at 0-5 early in the second half of a recent league game before it was flagged for offside.

1 Like

It was even better when it was flagged offside :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Ronaldo and Messi are the best I’ve ever seen and the best of a generation by a long way. They are miles ahead of anything else .

Trying to denigrate one because you support a team or not is a bit silly.

I’m glad I got to see them both live in their pomp.

5 Likes

Diego pisses over both of them

R9 is the GOAT

You’re only a pup.