Croke Park

I would say there is fuck all chance of Rangers making it.

Liverpool alone would be a right crowd though.

Is the path set yet? Roma v Marseille could burn Dublin to the ground

I think quarter-finals are an open draw anyway.

Bayer Leverkusen vs Benfica would be a grand final. Liverpool presumably have a very good chance of making it unless the injuries catch up with them.

A cleansing fire is not always a bad thing. The dubs tried to do it themselves not long ago and got tired and went home

The huns will bring a gunboat up the Liffey.

Let’s just hope it isn’t Liverpool. The guards are busy enough as it is.

2 Likes

AC Milan and Roma still in it. You’d fear for those fans if it is Liverpool

2 Likes

They will have to open Tallaght Stadium to deal with these crowds.

This wiĺl be some boost to the Irish economy,

FAI deserve an open chequebook from the Government

They haven’t a pot to piss in

Another one?

From talking to various people yesterday who wouldn’t be GGA types, they were really quite shocked at how Croke Park is showing its age.

Not an issue for me where I was, but I got reports from people in the upper and lower that the food and drink areas were a mess. The Aviva has gone downhill in that sense too, but Croke Park seemingly worse. No alcohol in the stands is not a bad thing, but patrons should not have to wait 20 minutes for a packet of crisps.

Design flaws and operational inefficiencies also caused the delay on the game. I understand the GGA struggle now struggle to fill out games more than a couple of times a year so might not know how to get around the design flaws of the stadium, but this needs to improve before we host Euro 2028.

I’d also comment that the carvery stations in premium looked like a health risk but I suppose that’s the way.

You’re welcome

10 Likes

It’s a fair point but Truth be told Croke park probably doesn’t work well for rugby as let’s be honest rugby is a rare sport that is better watched on tv than in person, which leads to the venue needing more access to booze and junk food to get through the day.

6 Likes

I believe this is the same at Dublin games back when they used to get good crowds.

People from outside of Dublin bring their own supplies and either refuse to spend money in Dublin or can’t afford it.

This is all well and good for the GGA but it isn’t good enough for major concerts. It’s no wonder that Taylor is going at the Aviva rather than Croke Park again.

1 Like

Myself and @TreatyStones havr pointed this out for a while. The renovations in the Cusack were badly needed but you’d wonder what the future is for Croke Park. Perhaps the Steelers will reinvigorate it.

Huh? Last July/August ?

Jeez nearly a year so?! I thought all Dublin games used to get good crowds.

They’ve really done a number there convincing the Steelers to play there, thought the Rooneys love their paddywhackery so might have easily been convinced.

Regardless of Croke Park fixing the place up, it is always going to be awful for American football given the size of it.

It needs big improvements.

1 Like