Cunts on Ghost Bikes

Great stuff. My friend’s kids use that cycle bus. The new segregated lanes keep them protected from cagers who don’t like sharing the road with people on bikes

3 Likes

Ah feck it, that’ll get ya a hape of likes

I must bring my bicycle out for a drive shortly. Guys I don’t really have the proper cycling gear for wet and colder weather.

Please advise.

1 Like

They you’ll have to stick to the cycle lanes.
Its only OK to cycle on the road side of a segregated lane if you have full lycra gear on

I drive my bicycle. I don’t cycle it.

Wiggle.

Rapha winter stuff is very good but not cheap

2 Likes

No surprise really that a few lads can’t get their head around the two way cycle lane on the Shannonbridge, would rather send the Limerick cycling club up there than have a gang of kids arrive to school unharmed,

3 Likes

He’ll look well on his Raleigh Chopper in Rapha gear.

1 Like

New greenway under construction in wexford today. New Ross to Ferrybank

1 Like

Lot of Greenways being built.

There’s potential for a very nice Greenway from Foynes, Askeaton, Adare to Limerick along the old rail line but there is still talk of the old line being brought back into use to service the port.

That route could also link in with existing Greenway from Rathkeale back to Kerry.

Greenways are nice to have but not practical for active travel. Estates need to bee connected to schools and clubs.

I urge all Limerick people on bikes to join the Limerick Cycling Campaign

2 Likes

Haven’t heard of that. What’s the route and who is funding it?

New Ross to Ferrybank in Waterford not Wexford. Follows the old train line that went from Limerick to Rosslare. So there will be a lot of river frontage. Walked a lot of the line years ago with my father. Plan is that the greenway will come into the North Quays in Waterford and will meet a public transport/pedestrian/cycle bridge which will take it over the Suir and then it will link up with the Waterford Greenway.

2 Likes

I was working in parallel with you and came up with this. It’s from the website so presume it’s right. Some impressive tunnels and bridges on the route.

https://visitnewross.ie/going-out/23127/the-new-ross-greenway-everything-you-need-to-know/

2 Likes

Actually I’m wrong about the railway line. It’s the old Waterford to New Ross - Mountelliot Railway Line. A separate greenway for the Waterford Rosslare Line is in planning with Wexford Co Co.

Jasus, that’s an awful drive, I’d hate to have to walk it. Looks like we need to get the lead out in the mid-west.

Waterford will become the centre of the Greenway world. Ferry loads of tourists on bikes disembark in Rosslare and head straight on to a Greenway. Bliss.

1 Like

The Shannon bridge two way cycle lane getting more positive coverage on the news, my little girls pal doing well on herTV debut :clap:

4 Likes