Cunts on Ghost Bikes

A message from our chairperson, Kevin Baker, about today’s Strand Road judgement | Dublin Cycling Campaign

CPO a public road ?

Well interesting how the well connected are treated with kid gloves unlike the shite meted out to farming families in kerry.

This seems to be a bizarre angle to take… thank you Danny.

1 Like

The well connected took a court case at their own expense and all.they did was stop a trial for a few months

He doesn’t sound like he thinks the cycle way would have been “temporary”

The Irish Times on Twitter: “New cyclepath in Ballsbridge would ‘destroy village’, traders claim https://t.co/fxfDetglKx” / Twitter

Ffs sake 6 car spaces. You can do nothing in D4. It’ll be a motorist ghetto in a few years. And of course Sandymount will be the first suburb to go under when the sea levels rise

3 Likes

I can’t understand why traders are always opposed to cycling or pedestrianisation. The evidence clearly shows that it increases footfall. Multiple examples worldwide

1 Like

you have to understand mate, the mayor in jaws was still the mayor in jaws 2

8 Likes

I think it’s good for hospitality type businesses but not retail but bricks and mortar retail is fucked anyway

1 Like

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

We need a bigger bike lane

2 Likes

surely the better the bike the easier the exercise is?

Most of those good bikes are wasted on their owners.

1 Like

No more than a pair of Jimmy choos

I’d say it levels out quick enough.

Any recommendations on a basic racer to pick up on a bike to work scheme? For Greenway cycle trips and stuff like that rather than hardcore TFK strava competition.

^ I would opt for the above or similar for the use suggested

^or this

these are highly spec’d there are cheaper versions with lower spec groupsets

1 Like