Cunts on Ghost Bikes

Both cagers and people who cycle can be wrong mate

:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just to reiterate, you never mention this prick.

1 Like

your lot love him for some reason

You’ll get a job in RTE yet.

Look over there
Look over there

Gutless.

1 Like

Fuck around. Find out.

https://twitter.com/thejeremyvine/status/1728163914125295668?s=46&t=K27wQ5SlUD1o1nD3wyFPgA

2 Likes

100% drivers fault whatever way you bake it.

Cunts shouldn’t be tempting drivers like that. It’s entrapment.

1 Like

He certainly ain’t blameless

A bit reckless and I’ve no idea what the driver thought he was doing there.

I’ll allow it.

Dressed all in black, no lights on bike, cycling in the middle of a busy road at night. The fella in the car probably only spotted the white runners at the last moment.

Great news. Those parking spaces made it a nightmare to drive through Ranelagh at times

https://twitter.com/niels_jw/status/1725570285464600967?s=46&t=K27wQ5SlUD1o1nD3wyFPgA

Used be gas, 24 hour parking in the side roads, free parking on the main road through Ranelagh. Guess where people parked.

1 Like

and a car plonked right in the middle of the bike lane. wont work. they need SEGREGATION cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

but seriously, most drivers dont give a shit about bike lanes and will just continue to park there regardless. There is no enforcement of it so why would they bother parking somewhere else.

3 Likes

The new O’Connell St in Limerick has retractable bollards seperating the cycle lanes from the road. There was a couple of them retracted into the ground yesterday at a certain point. Alongs comes a car, negotiates in between the bollards, half on the road, half on the cycle lane. Fires on the flashers and away into the shop.

This meant traffic couldn’t pass in the regular lane so in turn it all had to move to the bus lane.

4 Likes

This is part of the new cycling scheme from Clonskeagh to Charlemont. I’m not sure the parking is gone just yet but if it hasn’t it will be gone soon as the interim scheme is due to be installed in Q1 2024 (originally Q4 2024).

There only 20 parking spaces but they cause untold disruption to traffic and cyclists. It’s a nightmare having to exit the cycle lane on my cargo bike to go around some cager who’s in Cinnamon having their Saturday brunch.

I’d urge all posters to sign up to DCC Active Travel Alerts to get the latest news on all the exciting schemes.

6 Likes

Post the Great Dublin Riots 2023 (GDR23) I’d expect a clampdown on any and all rule breaking in our capital

1 Like

The real test will be February 2024 when the annual skiing casualties arrive back to lunch and coffee in Ranelagh and can’t be expected to active travel

3 Likes

cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

1 Like