Cunts on Ghost Bikes

Did any drivers get killed by the cyclists in carrigaline? In the case above a driver veered across the road, wiped out the cyclist cycling on the other side of the road and left 3 kids without a dad.

5 Likes

I also wonder if that isn’t better than strung out. Easier to overtake. Motorists here have become a lot better since two abreast was very publicly legalised, though it’s still bad manners not to move into single file if you can and it helps a car overtake. It’s just basic manners.
Three abreast is the new two abreast.

2 Likes

Think u get my point
Lcallly here it’s bloody mad at times
As can be verified by that young :portugal: child ran down a while back
And the German au pair years back

1 Like

If we were on a road like what @Corksfinedtboy is speaking about in a group, we would be all singled out. We take the Ballygarvan to Carrigaline road back and forth quite a bit.

1 Like

would love to get the stats on how many bikes using the new Fairview route, on it today & stopped to chat to a guy i know, in the 5 minutes there, at least 25 cycled by

I’ve heard anecdotally it’s working out about 300 bikes an hour

9 Likes

ill aim to get a tracker put in & report back

1 Like

It’s for active travellers not stoppers

2 Likes

chatting to people is one of the many benefits of active travel

No doubt yere group would boy
Yere responsible
I see it weekends near always
3 abreast min

1 Like

Good for them.

1 Like

Bit anal though

Is it finished yet?

I think you already know the answer…

1 Like

Inwards is as far as connolly, think Irish water arent finished outwards

I used to love zipping by that tracker on the Grand Canal near Harold’s Cross bridge

1 Like

yes, its a real chest out moment when you see it go up 1

3 Likes

What a legend.

https://twitter.com/NoContextBrits/status/1765299498564161875?t=tptdzRBhyQWl9QYETtVOUQ&s=19

8 Likes

Heartbreaking case on Ireland AM.

A young female cyclist killed last May and her boyfriend, another committed cyclist can barely speak.

It was hinted that the motorist was at fault.

1 Like